The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
What I have eaten today....
15 Nov 2013, 20:26
Skinny medium costa latte
Belvita crunch biscuits (pack of two)(220 cals)
Small fairy cake with icing (for children in need!)
Prawn salad (161 cals) followed by carrot sticks
Pack of snack a jacks (122 cals)
Fish pie with peas (half of one of those foil takeaway trays)

Do you think that's okay for a 'normal' day?

Normally I would eat the fairy cake, then think bugger it for today and then stuff my face the rest of the day but didn't want to ruin my fast yesterday so this way of eating is def the way to go!
Re: What I have eaten today....
15 Nov 2013, 20:43
ooh... I'm liking the idea of posting a food diary for help with staying on track. It's brave though. I'm going to think about doing this... Thanks for the inspiration :like:
15 Nov 2013, 21:24
I am actually wondering if that is enough food?? No idea how many cals would be in your dinner though. I think the key is whether you feel full and satisfied, or if you feel like you have been deprived today, because the idea of eating normally is also eating in a way that you can sustain without effort longtearm.
15 Nov 2013, 21:40
Ummm I feel hungry now but I have been eating so much so I guess my stomach needs to get used to eating less again. I think I prob had about 1500-1700 cals today
15 Nov 2013, 21:51
:heart: Hi Claire not sure if you've had all those calories but if you think you have and you are now hungry try cleaning you teeth and if you're still struggling go to bed !! :shock: :shock:
Don't spoil yesterday's fast plus today's hard work :heart:
Best of luck :clover: Sue :clover:
15 Nov 2013, 21:58
I went out for lunch (granary roll with frying steak and onions and a side salad) then a home made veggie tagine for supper. Not a fast day, but a normal day's eating for me.
Having a couple of vodka and no cal lemonades, then time to hit the hay for a good night's sleep before market tomorrow.
15 Nov 2013, 23:24
Hi Claire, hope you don't mind but I would suggest more veggies and maybe a bit of fruit. I think I would be starving if I ate those belvita biscuits for breakfast.
I tried to work out the calories and I don't think you ate as many as you think.
16 Nov 2013, 08:44
I meant to take a banana and a pear to work but forgot! I just remembered I had a banana when I got home whilst my dinner was cooking!
9 posts Page 1 of 1