The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I decided to do my second fast today, with only one normal day in between. Mainly I made this decision based on my plans for the rest of the week. However, I had planned what I was going to have which was a steak and salad for tea - beautiful, anyway, I had to go to lidl to get the salad and my husband asked if I could get him a donut. It's 4 for a pound so I thought I'll get 4 and eat mine tomorrow. Off course, I ate 1.5 donuts:( But I decided to keep going anyway and didn't eat for the rest of the day until my steak. So apparently the donuts are a shocking 250 cal each!! So I estimate I've eaten about 1000cals today. What would you do? Another fast day? I am still congratulating myself as it's early days and my tummy is getting used to the empty feeling.
1000cals are a lot better than 2000. If you can't manage another day this week then don't worry about it. This is a way of life not a quick fix.
Hi Debsie. I would not count this as a fast day as it is not low enough for the body to repair. Anyway its a jolly good 'careful' day, so if you manage another fast this week, then you will have had a good week.
These things happen. Don't worry too much. Squeeze in another fast day, or half-fast day (depends on whether you're in it for weight loss or other potential benefits), if you can, or just move on.

Some things are hard to resist. I had a fudge meltdown the other week.
Yeh, don't sweat it. If you have too much on to fit in another fast day this week, just wait until next week. I really think 5:2 works best with a long view. A fast more or less here and there just isn't an issue if you look long term.
5 posts Page 1 of 1