The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all!

Getting back into the swing of 5:2 and I have a question...

Today I have eaten...

Breakfast:
Two pieces of low cal toast with almond butter, chia seeds and marmite.

Snack:
Banana

Lunch:
Avocado, prawns, salad and sweet chilli sauce.

Dinner:
Baked sweet potato and smoked salmon with a feta, pomegranate and rocket salad with raspberry balsamic vinegar and desiccated coconut.

I have also had a glass of red wine and a few belgian chocolate buttons.

Is that ok? Am I obsessing?

xx
Hi:

One of the hardest things about 5:2 for some is that there is only one rule - for two (non-consecutive) days each week you eat 500 or fewer calories. You can eat - on all 7 days - any food you want, any time you want to.

That is why you hear so often on this site 'find what works for you'.

Good Luck!
My little extra is to say that on non-fast days you can eat what you like, but not as much as you like. So yes you can eat bread and butter, but eating the whole loaf with a half pound of butter is not the way to go.
Stop stressing about it pinchy. Listen to your body, when it gets used to fasting again the changes will happen naturally, like they did before. Just getting your fast days right is all you have to worry about, so concentrate on that and the rest will fall into place in time. A worry free stress free WOE remember.
Dee :)
OP - looks delish, to me.
I eat a hell of a lot more than that on feast days. Btw, impressive cookery skills! Are all your evening meals that inventive? :-)
Since I posted this earlier I have had another glass of red wine and a biscuit with some cheddar and chutney. Enough now.

Claire34 - I try and make my meals as interesting as possible (which is sometimes something one cannot be bothered with after a long day at work - although I do find it can destress!), so as to ensure enjoyment, whilst still trying to keep calorie and fat content down.

Thanks for the comments everyone - moderation is key, I agree, and like justdee mentioned, my body will surely start to crave the 'right' foods naturally again, in time :)
8 posts Page 1 of 1