The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 2 of 2
I started 5:2 because my weight seemed to only go one way - up. Every year I seemed to hit a NEW HEIGHT. Not by much but nevertheless the powerlessness was the worst for me. Somewhere I read that over a certain age we gain about a pound per year even when being careful. So I did the maths and I didn't like what I would weigh at the age of 65 or 70. I am small and fine boned and I wanted to re-identify f with my former self which was 48g. With 5:2 I have reached 50kg and I am very happy with that. In the last few months I have been trying to give myself some wiggle room by going down to 49kg but I have found that once I get below 50 my brain sabotages my fasts so I now accept this as my final goal.
Ieramul wrote: I started 5:2 because my weight seemed to only go one way - up. Every year I seemed to hit a NEW HEIGHT. Not by much but nevertheless the powerlessness was the worst for me. Somewhere I read that over a certain age we gain about a pound per year even when being careful. So I did the maths and I didn't like what I would weigh at the age of 65 or 70. I am small and fine boned and I wanted to re-identify f with my former self which was 48g. With 5:2 I have reached 50kg and I am very happy with that. In the last few months I have been trying to give myself some wiggle room by going down to 49kg but I have found that once I get below 50 my brain sabotages my fasts so I now accept this as my final goal.

We think similarly @ieramul, and our BMIs are quite similar. My lowest adult weight I can remember is 116 lbs, sometimes as part of the ups and downs of maintenance I see 118, but I am not trying for that and it soon goes. Originally I started IF in pursuit of the health benefits, then when I joined this forum I had to put a weight in the Tracker so after some research I found 120 lbs in some tables, and decided to try for that but accept whatever weight I had managed to get to after one year. The lowest weight I had been in the last 10 years was 129 lbs on the Patrick Holford low GL plan, but alas I got less and less strict with that.
17 posts Page 2 of 2