The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
What sort of Fast is this ?
13 Aug 2013, 21:21
Well after about 17 weeks on this amazing WOL you would think I know the answer to this one, but read something yesterday on here which made me think'' what type of fast am I doing''?
Tonight I ate evening meal. ( normal non-fast meal )
Tomorrow I will have liquids only then evening meal of 500 calories
Day after ( Thurs UK ) lunch meal at 1pm :like: I assumed 24 he fast
Obviously whatever I'm doing is working so no complaints from me
but I am curious, thanks in advance for your help :clover: Sue
Re: What sort of Fast is this ?
13 Aug 2013, 21:46
To me that is approx 42 hours. I go 36...... evening meal, 500 cal next day then breakfast on 3rd morning.

Hope that helps. X
13 Aug 2013, 22:02
Wow yes thanks for that I thought I was doing 24 he's (evening meal to evening meal ) and was wondering if I could maybe do the 36 he fast !!!
Wow wonder if this has helped me weight wise because it must have health benefits. :clover: Sue
13 Aug 2013, 22:15
I do the same as you Sue because I'm never hungry the morning after a fast. That makes it a 24 hours complete fast (dinner to dinner) but the whole thing lasts 40 odd hours as bofa45 said. You're already doing a 36+ hour fast, don't do any more than that :smile:
14 Aug 2013, 07:46
Thanks Wendy it was just a shock, as I thought it was from meal to meal
And No won't do any longer and only do that one occasionally like today as I'm out again with friends for meal + of course wine involved!! but my turn to drive so only one glass lol :heart: I'm not complaining but all my socializing revolves around food, and that of course is the best part of this WOL eating out isn't a problem anymore no calorie counting or worrying about food in any shape or form. :clover: Sue
15 Aug 2013, 11:11
Sue you made me think also because I do something similar a sort of combined fast day with 16:8ing :confused: the following day.
15 Aug 2013, 11:13
But I'm not losing as much weight as you :frown: so well done!
15 Aug 2013, 11:40
Hi Isis you are doing brilliantly and we're all losing differing amounts
I'm totally godsmaked at my loss ( dont forget my bmi was over 44 at start ) so plenty to get rid of, never had results like this from all those promising diets before, also thought of giving the 32 hrs fast a try only to find I've been doing 40 hrs plus LOL But only every no and again like today evening meal out last night 2 courses + stuffed still now and gladly fast until 6pm ish then maybe skip breakfast tomorrow depending on how I feel :heart: I know you've probably read that I do a walk on all my 3 fastdays ( doing 4:3 ) doing 4/5 miles, I had become rather imobile so this was my choice and now my walks have become quicker + easier also I'm sure these have helped enormously as I'm feeling fantastic
Good Luck and let's move downwards together :clover: Sue
15 Aug 2013, 11:59
Thanks Sue we both have a long way to travel on this WOE but the end justifies the means & hopefully health benefits as well :smile:
I had forgotten the walking you do & I am less active & don't regularly walk during the week but did spend yesterday in London hiking around the Underground & to & from places. We also spent at least half the day on our feet at The British Museum on a study day about Roman Medicine & handling some fearsome looking replicated Roman surgical instruments. I am so glad we have anaesthetic now :lol:
9 posts Page 1 of 1