The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
What to do?
13 Nov 2013, 23:25
Hey everyone,

So normally I do my fasts on Monday and Thursday but this week I had to do it on Tuesday and Thursday.
I went out to dinner with a friend last night (Wednesday) and she invited me to an event tonight which I really want to go to, but it's a fast day. I get really shy and feel awkward when meeting new people without one or two drinks and it's a champagne night!
So I'm probably going to keep calories down all day and have a couple tonight with something small to eat. I know I will go over 500 but if I also have a low calorie day tomorrow, Friday, (can't fast because I'm out to dinner) should it compensate?
I really want a loss on the scales this weekend!

Opinions?
Lil :heart:
Re: What to do?
13 Nov 2013, 23:29
Hmm, dunno!! But seriously, I'd say give it a try.... I think that's the only way you'll find out.
If you get to the weekend and you don't lose, but stay the same, and have had a nice night out on Thursday then that sounds ok to me.
13 Nov 2013, 23:41
I have always found it did... and enjoy! That's what this WOE is for... xxx
13 Nov 2013, 23:45
Hi Lil

When I have that situation I try to do just a 24hour fast as in 2pm to 2pm or 6pm to 6pm if you can or skip breakfast the next morning to make up for it. If I know I am going out to dinner I either skip breakfast the day of the dinner or the day after as an extra to my fast days as every time I go out to dinner I am always 1kg heavier the next day. So annoying! And I rarely have dessert and don't order rich or fatty food as they make me sick.

I know the feeling about wanting the loss on the scales. I'm battling to get back to last Friday's weight after two lunches and a dinner out over the weekend. It is fun at the time but then annoying losing it all again! Sometimes It is hard to be sociable and lose weight at the same time. My days got messed up this week and I did last Sunday and then couldn't fit one in til Friday. I did decide to skip breakfast on tues and thurs which turned them into 16:8 so that has helped. It is so good to be flexible in this WOL. Good luck
13 Nov 2013, 23:56
Thanks everyone,

Yes it is hard to be sociable and I know people are starting to find me saying 'it's a fast day' a little tedious now - which I understand.

I rarely eat before 12noon on a feast day so already got the skipping breakfast under my belt :)

I've just worked out the calories for the day on MyFitnessPal.
I will use 100 throughout the day on miso, milk in coffee etc as normal.
Tonight I will stick to 2 vodka, lime and sodas - yes it's a champagne night but my friend hates champagne so we'll avoid it together. Then when I get home I'll have some spinach, baby tomatoes and some tuna.
That should keep me under 500 I hope!
14 Nov 2013, 00:12
Life is for living, do your best but enjoy yourself- you have the rest of your life to undo any gain.
14 Nov 2013, 00:26
Good plan!
Definately go and have fun and meet new people. You're young! Life is for living Lil!
:-)
Xx julianna
14 Nov 2013, 04:34
If you don't want to be that strict try doing a more stringent version of 16:8, maybe a 20:4? Allowing yourself something to eat so the drinks don't go straight to your head and get you plastered, losing what self control you do have.
14 Nov 2013, 04:52
I've had a couple of misos it's nearly 4PM and I don't feel ravenous. I'll see how I feel in a few hours!
9 posts Page 1 of 1