The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Where do you lose weight first?
01 Aug 2013, 09:11
I think I'm losing off my middle - really don't want to lose much off my chest & would like to lose off my thighs & bottom a bit!

What about you guys? Have you noticed a particular place?
At the beginning I lost in the middle area, waist, thighs and bum
After I began to lose in the face area and the arms and wrists
Didn't lose in the cleavage area at all which is surprising
Off waist, which was what I wanted - but midriff area generally
At first the waist, then butt and thighs, now I've noticed that I don't fill out my bra very well and sometimes have a flat spot on one boob. That's the only thing that sucks about losing weight, losing my boobs. :(
It's encouraging to hear all of you say that you're noticing the difference in your waist right away. My overall weight and clothes sizes are just within a reasonable range, but my waist:height ratio is 53%. My primary goal is to whittle that down, with a decent margin, below 50%. Your posts are just the motivation boost I needed today.
Waist, legs face, chest, shoulders ankles. Back into skirts to knee with tights and ankle boots. Such a novelty I have legs. Old bras I was ahem busting out of now fit well. It's lovely back to my size of 22 year ago
Just remembered, the first thing I noticed with the initial loss was general puffiness was gone along with back fat, the bits that poofed out around my bra straps. :)
I've only just started but already feel a little less tight on the waist area. I desperately need to get this down as my waist to height ratio is a staggering & rather scary 73% :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seeing how you are all doing is great inspiration - great post sophieh :like:

Anyway - fast day today, so onwards and downwards!
Waist and midriff, which is fine.
But what I'd really love is slim (not overly muscular) arms.
Hopefully sticking with yoga and swimming will do the trick :smile:
From the waist up, sadly. I lost 7.5 kgs in 2008 (from 64 down to 56.5) and arms and upper body looked quite scrawny in the end but still had plenty of fat in my lower body, especially in the thighs. So I never got to the point of being happy with the way my clothes fit especially trousers.

Quite possibly the same will happen again but I'm keeping up strength training in upper body so hopefully arms and shoulders will look toned and muscular rather than scrawny when the layer of fat on top goes!

I don't have much in the chest area anyway but sadly that's another place that reduces easily.
Previously I've noticed that my face holds - and loses - weight first! Which is great for photos but not particularly useful in the grand scheme of things! :) just started 5:2 so hopefully it'll go from the middle like a lot of people are reporting. Already I feel less bloated :D
Usually when I lose weight it goes from my arms and legs first. I go from looking like an egg on legs to an egg on sticks. However with fasting I've found it is my belly and waist that see the initial losses. And my face too I think - less hamster like.
Hi all I've also lost from my "middle" area as in hips waist + back fat which I'm very pleaded about still plenty to whittle at but I'm in no hurry
:like: :like: Love this WOL :clover: Sue
13 posts Page 1 of 1