The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Even after more than a year, I am not sure which day's weight I should enter in the tracker. I have mostly been a Monday/Thursday faster. For the first year I used to enter my Monday weight which was the Maximum weight after three days of eating. My goal was achieved not on Mondays but on Fridays after the second fast. And now two months into maintenance I don't want to put my Mondays on tracker as it is always above my goal and I only see my goal weight on Fridays or Tuesdays. When I say maintenance, it is because I am not loosing any weight anymore and I am happy with what I have achieved. So I am still doing the two fast days and eating "normal" other days. I must say I never tried to count calories and worry about my TDEE on the non fast days so you can see why I am not loosing weight anymore.
I like to see other views on the weight on tracker Please.
Well I only put my low weights on the tracker. :-)

I like to look at the positive reinforcement that gives.

BUT, I am actually crazy enough to have an excel spreadsheet with my weigh ins on it. I almost never consider today's weight my real weight - rather an average of the last seven days is considered my "official" weight.

I'm sure that's all clear as mud. ;-)

Personally, I would weigh fridays.
I'm like Tracie, I only use my lowest weight, which I do the morning after a fast, after using the toilet but before I have a shower (I have very long hair that weighs an awful lot when wet) and before any drink or food. I consider it to be the most consistent time to weigh. Dehydrated and empty of most foods.

I too I am sad to say, have my own excel spreadsheet with a graph, that has all my mini goals on it too.

But really its whatever you feel most comfortable with. Some people take an average over a week or month, others pick the lowest weight in a certain time frame, others take the highest weight. Some think their true weight is the second day after a fast etc. It really is up to you, the most important thing is to be consistent about the the weigh in. Even to the positioning of the scales if you have dodgy floorboards that cause discrepencies.
I'm (usually) a monthly weigher- the first Sunday of the month. That will be at the beginning of a fast day and two days after my last fast (with the weekend in there too) :)
Recently, with shredding and other things, I have been hopping on the scales and have been disappointed at how heavy I've become! 2kg up on my weight last month. Admittedly I've been eating a lot because I;m so hungry , but, with the variations and fluctuations that happen, it's still not nice.
I would say go for the Friday weigh- like Julieathome says, empty and after a fast for encouragement. ;)
Suppose though, it's the consistency that's more important to compare.
My official weigh in is the morning after my last fast of the week.
I do weigh almost every day, but this is purely for my own use as i put it into my true weight app.
I only update my tracker if I have lost weight. Too depressing otherwise. I don't worry about which day that is! I do weigh daily though but no spread sheets for me.
I too have an Excel spreadsheet and graph!
I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to your question, but it's sensible to weigh under the same conditions each week. I weigh once a week, but vary the day so that I don't weigh after a fast day. So as to whether to go for a maximum or minimum reading, I'd go for the one that feels most right for you, and stick with that!
I weigh myself every week, but only measure my waist when I think I'll like the result!
If you have been doing a heavy exercise program that is designed to build muscle expect to put on a bit of weight. Muscle has more mass than fat does. You will probably find that the weight may go up a bit, but the tape measure will sho a shrinkage.
:oops: Glad I am not the only one to have an excel worksheet.
I put what my weight is on a friday morning after my jog and toilet before my shower and eating. ( Again because my hair is thick and long so weighs when wet). I used to put in in a monday but as the challenges seem to start on a friday I changed it.
I also measure about once a month I measure both bust measurements waist and hips.
9 posts Page 1 of 1