The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
We seem to have lost our "feasting" today thread, so thought I'd try to revive it!

I am on summer break as a teacher and have had a LOT of social engagements. It has finally calmed down a bit, but I realized that I was splurging WAY too much on my feast days and sometimes not getting in 2 proper fast days. So, I told myself I could only really splurge one day of the week. The rest of the time I have to be somewhat sensible, even if I go out.

Today I'm going out to lunch and I think I'm going to skip breakfast. I'm also donating blood later, but that should be fine!

What are you eating today?
I'd normally be feasting today, but am out of synch due to having had visitors. We have lovely warm weather at the moment, and so fasting isn't a problem, though we had warm weather when my visitors were here, and feasting definitely wasn't a problem either!
Rather a lot of ice-cream was eaten, but not too much alcohol. Often the other way round!
@cblasz I used to think skipping breakfast was a very bad idea, now we know you're doing 16:8 or some variation on the theme! Tell us what you had for lunch, and I'll read it after I've had my fasting meal for the day!
My friend ended up cancelling on me for lunch. I'm a little embarrassed to say what I ate, but I put it all into MFP and my calories for the day will still be under 1500 (what I try to stick to during the week on non-fast days!)

I used to think skipping breakfast or any meal was bad or not eating before exercising etc. But, now we know you can actually do those things. You will not die if you go more than 4 hours without eating! It's such a matter of retraining ourselves though, since for years we've been taught to eat that way!

I hope you enjoyed your ice cream and your fast is going well!
Spent today walking on the Malverns, fitbit awarded loads of extra calories...but I haven't counted. I'll be under...a bit. Had a great day and will sleep well, yesterday's fast was hard (390) so feel fine about easy eating today.
I splurged more than I should have yesterday, but it wasn't as bad as it has been. In the evening, I was getting that "I can't stop eating" feeling. It wasn't so much that I was hungry, but that I wasn't full. I just ignored it.
5 posts Page 1 of 1