The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

48 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: Why are we here?
27 Jul 2013, 09:27
I'm 50 and live in jeans and shorts and vest type tops. I am still in the morbidly obese range of weight, though its dropping nicely (30lb to date), though seeing my very wobbly thighs walking down the road must upset other people. I just don't 'feel' middle aged, my mind is stuck at about 25, mature but still young enough to boogie. I doubt very much if I will ever change my clothes sense.
27 Jul 2013, 11:08
Never mind other people - it's what feels right and comfortable to us that matters.

One of the great things about getting older for me (55) is gradually getting over the agonising self-consciousness that afflicted my yoof (caused in large part by being overweight). I'm loving middle-age - old enough to feel confident, young enough to boogie.

Way-hey! Or indeed, woo-hoo! :wink:
27 Jul 2013, 11:37
Going through the menopause (an excuse? not sure) I had crept up to a size 15. Size 14 too tight but size 16 too big. Now size 14 too big :grin: I read the 5:2 diet in Radio Times. Having never dieted I thouht I could manage it & I'd seen the documentary. I love it!
48 posts Page 4 of 4