The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all.

I'm not fasting today, however, I have just come up against a problem that can oocur on both fast and normal days - not having planned ahead! This morning for breakfast I had a piece of wholegrain toast with peanut butter and marmite, which was scrumptious and very filling. I have graze boxes delivered to work so at around half ten I cracked open the beef jerky (91 cals) and ate about a third of that, but wasn't really enjoying it so threw the rest away. It just got towards the end of my lunch break and I suddenly felt hungry - not massively so, but I knew that I wanted a 'meal', as opposed to snacks, so quickly ran to the local sandwich shop (I don't have my car at work with me today which is the other problem, as usually in this instance I would have driven to the nearest supermarket and bought some suhsi or a healthy wrap). This shop closes at 2 and this was at ten to, so I was stuck with what was left. What I ended up with was coronation chicken, sweetcorn, onions and cress in a white cob (bread roll!). I never ever eat white bread, but as this is what was left I panic bought. Well I wish I'd never bothered. I ate about half of it (it was a rather large cob) and have just thrown the rest in the bin as it was making me feel so sick.

This just shows how vital it is to plan ahead so as not to panic buy as I have just done. It's not necessarily about being bothered about calories, it's more that I'm anoyed about wasting calories and money on something crappy and not nutritionally valuable or enjoyable.

Sorry to rant on, but I presume that this is something others may well have experienced and I know that moaning about it to work colleagues will only serve as an irritant!

Best wishes xx
Hope you don't mind I deleted the second of the double post. I hear ya! Usually when I have to buy a sandwich that has too much bread, I'll take a couple bites of it with the bread then just pick out the 'innards', lol
I previously used to eat in the morning in case I was hungry later on. That's something I've learnt not to do, but I agree you do need to have a plan in place.

How was the interview? (sorry if I missed the end of yesterday's thread)

Edit - just found the answer to that and will be biting my nails along with everyone else
3 posts Page 1 of 1