The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I was wondering if people could share what their top three tips are for staying motivated with this way of life (WOL)? I know that they change day to day, but I wonder what your latest ones are? Perhaps we could cut and paste the person's tips above and add our three onto them to get an ongoing list?

1. talk to yourself lovingly when you feel nervous or want to go outside the rules. Coax yourself back to safety.
2. write express share encourage on the FORUM
3. read MM's book.
1. talk to yourself lovingly when you feel nervous or want to go outside the rules. Coax yourself back to safety.
3. read MM's book.
4. it works! lower numbers on the scales and tape measure, looser clothes…
5. the change in appetite/attitude toward food (though it's not showing lately!)
6. going for a run on my now happier knees
3. read MM's book.

5. the change in appetite/attitude toward food (though it's not showing lately!)

CandiceMarie -
7.remembering that we are giving our bodies time to repair when we fast,which hopefully will lead to longterm health benefits and cut down the chances of stroke/ heart attack/ dementia/ Alzheimers disease
8.reminding ourselves that IF has led many of us to reduced appetite on feed days,leading to more calorie deficit,leading to more weight loss and better eating habits
9.remembering that delayed gratification feels more rewarding than instant gratification
3. read MM's book.

CandiceMarie -
7.remembering that we are giving our bodies time to repair when we fast,which hopefully will lead to longterm health benefits and cut down the chances of stroke/ heart attack/ dementia/ Alzheimers disease
8.reminding ourselves that IF has led many of us to reduced appetite on feed days,leading to more calorie deficit,leading to more weight loss and better eating habits
9.remembering that delayed gratification feels more rewarding than instant gratification
10. Knowing that this WOE is inherently flexible - if you struggle with one fast day, tomorrow's another day; if you plateau, you can take a break, add a fast day, or go 16:8, for example
11. Knowing that if you're craving something on a fast day, you can always have it tomorrow (and often you won't actually want it then but that's another story!
Whispers from the sideline....OH my goodness me I'm so grateful to hear these tips. I particularly like that some of them I think I'm already using, but now can enjoy them more.
Jo
5 posts Page 1 of 1