The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

7 posts Page 1 of 1
5:2 & Low Carb
13 Jan 2014, 13:48
Hi my name is Alastair and I am new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone is doing a low carb version of the 5:2 diet or if this is possible ?
Re: 5:2 & Low Carb
13 Jan 2014, 13:59
You could do worse than try this thread:

chat-f12/2014-low-carbers-tent-t10527.html

And welcome to the forum - it's a brilliant place. Lot's of techie info on the 5:2 lab thread, including low-carb. I've a fair bit on low-carb and veggie on my thread (see signature).

All the best, FatDog
13 Jan 2014, 14:00
Welcome to the forum allybally! Lots of members are doing low-carb in conjuction with 5:2, if you look at the similar topics at the bottom of this page you will see some prior discussions on this subject. There is also a "low-carb tent" that you are welcome to join-in. Lots of tips, advice, encouragement and support here. Browse around (start with the Newbie tips, FAQ bubbles near top of page), ask questions and join in! :)

Edit: Ah, I see FatDog has the low-carb tent link for you. :like: :)
13 Jan 2014, 14:07
Welcome from a fellow low carber. I'm not veggie like FatDog so between us we can help you out and there are loads more of us too. I blog (panel underneath my photo) quite a bit on my low carb efforts (although last week was something of a blip).

I think low carb is a perfect partner to fasting as it keeps the hunger pangs at bay.

Good luck :clover: :clover: :clover:
13 Jan 2014, 15:00
rawkaren wrote: Welcome from a fellow low carber. I'm not veggie like FatDog so between us we can help you out and there are loads more of us too. I blog (panel underneath my photo) quite a bit on my low carb efforts (although last week was something of a blip).

I think low carb is a perfect partner to fasting as it keeps the hunger pangs at bay.

Good luck :clover: :clover: :clover:

I will second that as a low carb carnivore. Welcome @allybally.
13 Jan 2014, 15:34
:clover: Welcome @allybally you've been directed to a couple of good threads there, I'm low carbing now alongside my 4:3 days and the health benefits I'm now receiving far out way the daily loss of carb food, plenty advice, tip, help, recipes, and support from all the members. Good Luck :clover: Sue
13 Jan 2014, 15:38
Hi. I've been eating LCHF since 2007, and have no plans of stopping that now as I'll implement the 5:2 in my diet ;)
7 posts Page 1 of 1