The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I'm on a fast day today (I'm about 3-4 weeks in) so havent eaten since I went to bed last night until this evening about quarter to seven when I had my evening meal. It is my understanding that we have 500 calories on fast days and my evening meal was 200 calories, so could I have supper too as long as it is within the 500 calorie total for the day or is it best to stick to just one meal?
As long as within 500 cals total for day. :)
If you've only had 200 calories so far in my opinion you can still have another 300 today, that's certainly what I'd be thinking if it were me - I have 2 meals on my fast day so it doesn't necessarily need to be 500 in one meal, it's what fits in with your lifestyle and suits you :smile:
Thanks for you quick responses, even though I was full after my evening meal I had been craving chocolate all day so I'm going to have a slice of toast with chocolate spread with my cuppa tonight.
Hi there, my advice, eat what you need, so long as its within 500cals. If you don't need supper then don't eat it.........and finally..........watch the carbs on a fast day.

Enjoy your TOAST. (be careful mentioning that word on a fast day!!)
Minsmum wrote: Enjoy your TOAST. (be careful mentioning that word on a fast day!!)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Having low carbed alot in the past I don't overdo it in general but I'm not going to limit any kind of food specifically, thats why I chose to try this way of life. I find that telling myself to limit a food makes me want it even more so even though naturally I may only get through 3 to 4 slices of bread a week I'm think I'm going to continue to eat what I fancy within reason.

I did question the carbs when starting on the plan but having watched the program again today I think this is a more sustainable way for me.
OK, who's bright idea was it to mention TOAST!!!!!??????? :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
OK, who's bright idea was it to mention TOAST!!!!!??????? :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
Lol,
It was me the strange person that craves toast on fast days and salad on days that I can eat more. I'm sure there is a reason for this, but then again maybe not
10 posts Page 1 of 1