The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Question- 9pm Pre-fast day
16 Mar 2013, 10:02
So it's 9pm the day before my second ever fast day- I only had a very small dinner at 6pm as I wasn't hungry. I am now going to bed as I was awake at 5 am this
Morning and my stomach has started growling with hunger- so do I go eat or go to sleep? Thanks in advance- Juliet
Re: Question- 9pm Pre-fast day
16 Mar 2013, 10:06
I suggest you have a glass of milk to settle the rumbles. If you don't sleep well you might not be int the right frame of mind for your fast day.
16 Mar 2013, 10:15
Will do- thanks that's a great compromise!
16 Mar 2013, 10:21
I agree with Pilchards.

If you think that you can get off to sleep without eating anything, then I would opt for that because it will extend the length of your fast but, if your growling tum will keep you awake, then I would go for a low calorie snack and/or a warm drink.

Hope this helps and good luck with tomorrow's fast!
16 Mar 2013, 10:39
Thanks guys - too much grumbling - had a milk and 100 cal protein bar. Much better- normally I'd just go to sleep, but the prospect of knowing I'd get little food tomorrow and going to bed hungry was too much for my head- I am sure my body would have coped okay- ;-)
5 posts Page 1 of 1