The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

5 posts Page 1 of 1
When to break my fast?
14 Jun 2013, 14:15
Breakfast sure means something more to us 5:2'ers!

I've awoken from fast #11 and am not particularly hungry. I have my yogurt/fruit/granola sitting right here and am wondering when to eat it:

-when I am hungry?
-16 hours after my last food intake?
-it doesn't matter?

I'm sure this question has already been posed; please feel free to point me to an existing thread.

Thanks!
Re: When to break my fast?
14 Jun 2013, 14:25
I would say eat it when you're hungry.
14 Jun 2013, 14:26
I'd say eat it. Or pack it up and take it to work with you for when you are hungry. I really don't think it matters. I'll eat it for you! What have you done on the previous 10 fasts? WHy does this one feel different?

What you don't want to end up doing is obsessing over either the food or not eating it - quickest way to feel miserable doing this!
14 Jun 2013, 14:30
Good point, green monster. I asked the question because I've read that you gain the highest benefit from the fast (measured by decreased insulin levels) by hour 16.

It's only been 13 hours since I ate last. If I'm not hungry I wonder if I may as well wait to gain the further benefit.

What's different about this fast? Since I was on the road I had two "energy" bars instead of real food. And a very busy, mobile day yesterday.
14 Jun 2013, 14:45
I'm sure the 3 hours won't make that much of a difference. Whenever you eat it - enjoy!
5 posts Page 1 of 1