The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Am I doing it right?
04 Feb 2013, 14:49
I've just read a post which has confused me.

I have been having my evening meal on a non fast day, and counting 16 hours from that time.
The next day I save my 500 calories and have them at my normal dinner time which is usually between 5.30 and 6pm.
Is this the way I should be doing it?
Is there a better way?
The way I am doing it I'm fasting probably for around 23 to 24 hours as I'm not eating until the same time as the previous days evening meal.
Re: Am I doing it right?
04 Feb 2013, 15:55
This is how a lot of us are doing it and it's working for us :) In theory the longer you go without food, the more fat should be burned in this time so this may well be the most effective way (aside from a total 0 calorie fast).

If it's working for you and you're happy with it (ie, you don't feel it's a nuisance or something you can't keep doing) then you're doing it right :)

I haven't eaten since last night's dinner (which was unfortunately a bit later than usual - about half seven) and won't eat my 500 cals until dinner tonight around 6.30pm. Usually I aim for a full 24 hours without any calories before my 500 cal dinner on a fast day, I guess today it'll be 23. That'll do :)
Re: Am I doing it right?
04 Feb 2013, 16:03
Thanks for your quick reply Moogie.
I'm very happy to continue like this. Although I haven't had a weight loss yet, my waist measurement has decreased slightly and I'm feeling my clothes looser this week. My jeans feel looser around my thighs and my tops around the shoulders and bust.....hopefully it's all the excess fat melting away lol.
Loving the forum by the way. It's very informative, and encouraging to see how people are getting on.
3 posts Page 1 of 1