The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

3 posts Page 1 of 1
5;2 Treats....
07 Jul 2013, 18:52
Many seem to gorge on their feast days.

To me this defeats the object....it seems crazy strictly calory control for two days then stuff yourself/empty calories on your free days.

Its nice just to relax the rules a LITTLE on free days isn' it?

I'm happy to have kicked the habit of over-eating....don't want it back. I though that was the point. :?:
Re: 5;2 Treats....
07 Jul 2013, 19:32
For me part of the point is weight loss...I allow myself whatever treats I want on weekends and I'm still losing weight. And part of 5:2 is the fasting/repair aspect for health benefits other than strictly weight loss, and any binging/gorging I do on weekends doesn't interfere with the fasting. So I count this diet as a success for me on both counts.

This WoE has taught me that being hungry is okay and that a skipped meal won't harm me. Something I knew a long time ago...how did I forget it? And I do skip meals on weekends when I've no time or it's inconvenient or I'm just not hungry.

Some people form their eating habits on 5:2 to avoid feeling hungry. While I thought part of the point was to learn how to push thru those feelings. Seems to me there is plenty to learn from IF in general.
Re: 5;2 Treats....
09 Jul 2013, 17:20
O'Dell wrote: For me part of the point is weight loss...I allow myself whatever treats I want on weekends and I'm still losing weight. And part of 5:2 is the fasting/repair aspect for health benefits other than strictly weight loss, and any binging/gorging I do on weekends doesn't interfere with the fasting. So I count this diet as a success for me on both counts.

This WoE has taught me that being hungry is okay and that a skipped meal won't harm me. Something I knew a long time ago...how did I forget it? And I do skip meals on weekends when I've no time or it's inconvenient or I'm just not hungry.

Some people form their eating habits on 5:2 to avoid feeling hungry. While I thought part of the point was to learn how to push thru those feelings. Seems to me there is plenty to learn from IF in general.

Whatever works for you.

For me food is a necessity needed to supply my body with essential nutrients.

That's not to say I don't get cravings; I do but I ignore them as much as poss.
3 posts Page 1 of 1