5:2 Diet Recipes

39 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Low Carb Pumpkin Bread
14 Nov 2013, 21:03
Sounds lovely, I'll give it a go!
Thanks for the recipe.
16 Nov 2013, 18:23
Quick update @rawkaren, just to let you know I finished the last two slices of my loaf today (very selfishly didn't let anyone else have a nibble!), so it lasted me 6 days. Didn't freeze it, just kept the slices air tight and well wrapped and it stayed really moist. Will definitely make again! :grin:
16 Nov 2013, 18:26
Great Carol @Gillymary is planning a baking session to include this so I'm sure she will be interested to know too. I have to freeze mine or I would eat it too quickly and it would not last me 6 days :oops: :oops:
16 Nov 2013, 18:31
I purchased a smaller loaf tin this morning so I'm sure mine will be a better shape next time! :D
16 Nov 2013, 21:30
I made mine last night, had to grind nuts to a flour consistency as with the desiccated coconut to a finer consistency. Used my trusty old little coffee bean grinder. Got into a bit of a mess when the baking paper collapsed and I was pouring the batter on the wrong side of the paper. Grrr, but resurrected the batter sorted my mess and got back on track. The result while turning out like domane's rather flat still tastes very yummy and the consistency!

Found a banana bread recipe and with substitutions am on the case again again. Slight problem though as liquid fasting today so taste testing the batter with have to be like wine tasting. But I am up for it as the bananas are just perfect.
19 Nov 2013, 11:59
I made it again today and just put it all in the magimix for speed. First the wet ingredients, followed by the dry. It seems to have come out better. I used a 2lb loaf tin and it filled it all the way to the top. This is ok because it hardly rises.
18 Apr 2014, 02:19
I made it @rawkaren! It is super yummy. I made 2 versions as I don't have a sweet tooth I thought the spiced one would be too sweet so I made another loaf without spices but added walnuts and extra salt and flaxseed meal ( just cos I had some) . anyway guess which one I preferred? The spiced one! So lovely and it makes it easier to low carb if you can have something like that occasionally. It looked a bit fragile for my toaster so I spread butter on it, pan fried till it caramelized/browned then added more butter! And enjoyed it with a cup of tea. Thanks again. Can someone help me find @Fatdog' s microwave low carb bread please? ( I searched and couldn't find it) as I'd like some bread I could put an egg on now. Ta,
Xxx julianna
18 Apr 2014, 02:43
thanks rawkaren
love pumpkin and am allergic to bananas,
can't wait to try this.
printed off a copy.
Now to shop for ingredients.
tenshi
18 Apr 2014, 11:48
Glad you enjoyed it @julianna