The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

19 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi all, Happy New year!

I worked like mad to get my recipe book finished just before Christmas. Phew, I made it! I have Dr Mosley to thank for inspiring me to follow this way of eating and enabling me to lose 14kg and keep it off - and to have a renewed enthusiasm and energy for new projects. :heart:

5:2 Healthy Eating for Life is now available on Amazon in either print or kindle editions.

This is a compilation of all the recipes that I have created during the course of this last year doing 5:2 with my husband, who did most of the photography. I am absolutely thrilled with it! Over 170 recipes, most with full colour photos, all calorie-counted to help you to plan your fast days and to eat well on your non-fast days.

I have self-published in order to get this available quickly; this is not a profit-making venture, but more to share what I have learned and enjoyed and to raise a small amount in support of a life-limited baby.

You can see/download a preview on Amazon that includes a number of the recipes, so you can get a good idea of what it contains before you part with any money! Unfortunately self-publishing doesn't come cheap when you have over 170 pages in full colour, but at least Amazon are now offering a discount off their mark-up...

Please contact me if you would be interested to review the book for a blog or magazine, or if you have any feedback or queries about the recipes themselves.

I really hope that you will enjoy using the book and that it will be helpful in supporting you through a happy and healthy 2014. :smile:
Thanks for this, i'll look at it for my kindle. Congratulations on your publication :smile:
Thank you for the link, I just had a look on the Amazon website and have ordered the book. It's always good to try out new recipes and I prefer books to my laptop too ('cos then I can scribble in them).
Such a good cause as well. Wishing you every success with the book.
Beautiful photography! well done on your second publication!
Congratulations on this wonderful looking book. That's really well done and for such a good cause too. I've just downloaded it to my Kindle. Thank you

Bean :heart:
Thanks so much for ordering the book! Really appreciated and I hope you enjoy using it. If you could possibly leave a review on the Amazon site, it would really be helpful - as I am an unknown author, I think it can help to reassure and inform others as to what to expect.
Belindab wrote: Thanks so much for ordering the book! Really appreciated and I hope you enjoy using it. If you could possibly leave a review on the Amazon site, it would really be helpful - as I am an unknown author, I think it can help to reassure and inform others as to what to expect.

Very willing to leave a review for you when I get my mits on the book, should come by next week or even sooner. :heart:
Those look very tasty indeed. I can't get it yet, I still have a month of celebrations and farewell parties to pay for, but please keep on bumping the thread to remind me. I do have it on my wish list.
Just bought this for my kindle. Thanks Belinda :rose: Good luck with the sales :clover:
Happy New Year :party:
Just downloaded your book to my ipad. So many recipes I can't wait to try and beautiful photography too. Congratulations and for a good cause too. Well done. X
It looks lovely, Belinda - well done.

Can you tell me what the recipe sizes are - aimed at one, two, four or whatever portions? There's only me and I've been frustrated with most 5:2 cookbooks as the recipes are almost entirely for four persons and it's so difficult to cut them down into one portion!
Hi Vildekhaya, there's a mix: some are for one, many for 2, quite a number for 4 and a few for 6. All the ingredients are individually calorie counted, as well as the recipe total per portion, so they should be fairly easy to work out if you make smaller quantities. I often freeze soups and main dishes in portions, so I'm sure you could do that too.
Thanks, Belinds. Two-portion recipes are easy to halve and I'm used to batch cooking and freezing things like stews and soups which are impossible to make in one-portion amounts. I'm going to go ahead and buy because it does look good.
Just downloaded the Kindle version. Having a quick flick through the pics at the moment!

I love cookery books with LOTS of pics.. If the recipe looks nice to my eyes, then it stands a better chance then just text to say, cook me :)

Photographs gives a very nice presentation of how it will look on the plate (a realistic picture!) :like: :clover:

Looking forward to trying the recipes out :wink:
I've just downloaded it too, it looks great. I've been in a 5:2 cooking rut lately and I think hubby is very sick of the same old sitrfry every fast day so your recipes will be a big help to get the variety back.
19 posts Page 1 of 2