The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

47 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: 35 kcal cauliflower 'rice'
06 Nov 2013, 22:31
Quick question. I've assumed you use only the florets to make cauliflower rice. Is that wrong? Do you use the stem too? Even the really thick bit?

I ask because others seem to be getting a huge amount of rice from one cauliflower whereas I only got one (large!) serving, although admittedly the cauliflower had been sitting in the fridge for ages so I had to discard some.
Re: 35 kcal cauliflower 'rice'
07 Nov 2013, 07:30
I use the stalks as well, just peel the leaves off and chop out some stalk if very thick.

Did it roasted in the oven last night with a sprinkle of lemon juice and topped with chilli con carne. Was lovely. Cauli & lemon go very well together. Just need to work out the portion size as it wasn't quite enough !

Got two bowls in the fridge full of rice prepared though for tonights fsst meal :)
47 posts Page 4 of 4
Similar Topics