The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

35 posts Page 3 of 3
Spanish omlette type meal. between 4 of us we use 6 eggs. Its a basic omlette that I pile veggies like peppers, green beans, onion, brocolli, tomatoes and peas, with diced cooked potatoes into. I make it a deep omlette and finish it off in the pan under the grill. Its a a very filling dish, especially with salad on the side. On non-fast days I add dry fried bacon, panchetta, ham, corizo or normal sausage.
Just lately I have been eating a Birds Eye Quarter Pounder veggie burger with a poached egg yolk on top for my fast meal. Unable to tolerate egg white so MOH has mine!
I eat an omelette for dinner every fast day, using two whole eggs, low-fat cheese and mushrooms. I have it with baked beans, veggies or a salad. Super filling!
You can freeze egg yolks. Beat them up with a spoon of sugar or a pinch of salt per yolk and freeze. I sweeten them and use them to make creme brulee or in the custard for the trifle at Christmas
rice salad I've had for tea tonight!
1/2 onion
4 cherry toms chopped
75g cauliflower
75g rice
25g raisins
1/2 pepper
100ml stock

1/2 tsp each of tuneric chilli garam masala

Fry onions peppers cauli toms with spices in low cal spray
Add rice an stock simme till rice done
Stir in raisins