The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Results: Before & After

11 posts Page 1 of 1
How Much Does Poop Weigh?
14 May 2015, 16:11
So this morning I weighed myself and the scale said 145.2 lbs. A couple minutes later I took a poop (you knew by the title what this topic was about) and I wondered for the first time in my life "how much does poop weigh?" So i got back on the scale AND to my utter amazement it said 144 lbs. I weighed myself 3 more times just to make sure it was correct. Holy crap. Has anyone else ever done that? Or has my brand new scale broken already? Seriously, just how much does poop weigh? The deposit I left in the poop bank wasn't that big.
Re: How Much Does Poop Weigh?
14 May 2015, 16:44
I don't know the answer, but if we are going to be indelicate may I contribute that on the day after I have had a particularly thorough clear out I can weigh 2 lbs less.
14 May 2015, 17:22
Just as long as you weigh at the same "state" every day it should balance out. If you're nice and regular, ie morning "doer" then the morning after your last fast of the week is a good point in time to weigh. But don't you often find that the morning after a fast there is no BIG clear out as you've had less intestinal contents to remove!!! Or Poop as you eloquently put it. :oops: :oops:
14 May 2015, 20:44
I also have a daily life cycle of all precious things. I wake at 6am and if it's a weighing day I weigh myself 8-9am. :smile:
14 May 2015, 23:33
I've noticed this, too, which is why I always weigh myself post-poop. lol. Makes me feel better!
15 May 2015, 00:24
Google to the rescue. This was the first of 1.9 million returns on the search so plenty of inquiring minds want to know.
via http://greatist.com/health/poop-health- ... -questions ... Everybody is different, and there is no set “normal” when it comes to passing stools. That said, the normal range spans three times a day to once every three days, meaning the average person poops approximately once a day—about 1 ounce of stool for each 12 pounds of her or his body weight. That means a person weighing 160 pounds produces an average of just under a pound of poop each day.

BTW, usually when you poop you also pee, right? So you lose some "weight" there as well.
15 May 2015, 00:48
Dazzlecat2 wrote: Holy crap.

pun intended?

I've never done this because while I'm quite regular, ahem, it's poorly timed with my weight in time. This is a constant source of annoyance.
23 Jun 2015, 00:39
Oh my! :bugeyes: The forum before talks about posting before and after photos and this one is How much does poop.... :shock:
These 2 thoughts and attendant mental pictures should never be combined! :lol:
23 Jun 2015, 05:36
Don't know about the other, but wee weighs a surprising amount. A colleague of mine once weighed a pint of water, then multiplied it by 8 to get the (massive) weight of the beer he'd drunk on a particularly good evening.
23 Jun 2015, 14:27
There's a saying, "A pint's a pound, the world around" referring, I guess, to water--obviously, a pint bottle full of feathers will weigh less than said jar full of lead. If the saying is true of water, then pee would be close to a pound a pint, too, I think.
23 Jun 2015, 14:30
I was always told that 'a pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter' and of course, for our metric friends, a litre of water weighs 1000 grams or 1 kilogram! :grin:
11 posts Page 1 of 1