The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Well I'm 3 weeks in on this diet and loving it. I like the variety of food recipes I'm having to come up with on the fast days. I like the fact that I'm already 7 pounds down...but. I have got one hell of a cold. I thought I had mostly overcome picking up sundry colds. I have a Chinese medical formula that seems to ward them off. I used to get really bad colds which turned into chest infections more often than not but it has been ages now since I got a cold. even if people around me have colds I haven't fallen. So I am wondering if the diet has somehow made me more vulnerable again.
Maybe, I've had one cold though in the 8 months, so possibly less than usual. You'll never know. Been anywhere crowded lately?
I've had a few colds this winter and one that lasted 3 weeks. I think it's just been bad luck for me this year.
Everyone I know seems to have a summer cold right now. I had one a couple of weeks ago but still kept up the fasting and shrugged it off very quickly. Listen to your body and stay hydrated. Get Well Soon!
I've definitely noticed that my immune response to colds has been much better since starting 5:2. I was regilarly affected by stinking headcolds prior to 5:2 but genuinely haven't had a single sniffle in nearly 18 months now. there sia theory that fasting frees up your immune system a bit, but who knows.
5 posts Page 1 of 1