The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

21 posts Page 2 of 2
Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that the most likely explanation is some deep seated psychological issue :-)
However, I'm not losing these memories, if anything they seem to be more vivid and coming to the forefront of my mind.
I'm on maintenance (still 5:2 but without much more fat to lose) so it will be interesting to see if it calms down now.
Back to the flatworms - this was research (by Lamarck?) that was discredited years ago, either as poor control or deliberate tweaking to show a required result.
At least, that's how I remember it - resisting the temptation to check Wikipedia as I have jobs to do!
I think McConnell was the name I remembered. I'd definitely go so far as to say the work was inconclusive! :)
There were some strange phenomena that have since been replicated although some of the RNA theories were later shown to be unlikely.
A mixture of electical and chemical is being suggested by many just now. It's so poorly understood that I have a fairy open mind on it.
CreakyPete wrote: Back to the flatworms - this was research (by Lamarck?)

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2010/06/memory-transfer.aspx
Back to the original question, (forgetting about flatworms etc) I have also noticed very vivid dreams while fasting. I'm a poor sleeper usually and don't usually remember dreams. But I know that dreams have something to do with consolidating memory and I also know that fasting is beneficial in preventing Alzhiemers, and I've also done some reading on the plasticity of the brain, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's something in this. It sounds like a good question for Michael Moseley with the type of research he does.

I often dream about food, which you would expect, but some of my dreams have also been about childhood events, and when I wake if feels as if it just happened yesterday.
Interesting pipsqueak2. Tey are indeed very very vivid and accurate. At least I'm not alone!
21 posts Page 2 of 2