The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

4 posts Page 1 of 1
and I was doing so well.....
11 Nov 2013, 17:10
My 5/2 journey started in mid June and before this, I did NO exercise, not a smidge. Evil word, should be banned :grin: Never liked it and got no enjoyment from it :oops:

So I fell into the overweight, totally unfit bracket without a problem :doh:

Whilst the weight has been coming off (now 2.1/2 stone), I have started to walk quicker, taking the stairs at work (59 steps up), and generally feeling alot better for my gradual introduction to 'EXERCISE'. I think thats the word :lol:

To get things into prospective, we are not talking miles and miles, mountains, jogging etc, just very small steps into this unknown world :timeout:

Its not something I can say I enjoy, but have slotted it into my day without thinking too much and actually try to fit some walking in during the week.

A couple of times my left knee has flared up whilst loosing weight, but gone down in a short amount of time.

Today I went to see the doctor as my knee is rather stiff and cannot bend fully and causing quite a bit of discomfort. Did a little walk yesterday in the sun, but it was at a much slower pace and my leg was very stiff by the time I got back to the car.

Doc said this morning, you have probably over done it (prob the stairs)... GREAT :cry: I mean we are talking about a small amount each day...not marathons :cool:

So now I am banned from stairs, walking & kneeling for 2 weeks. Back to using the lift at work which I have been doing for 7 years :-?

Never had a problem with my knees when I was heavy :dazed:

If this goes down ok, he has suggested low impact such as swimming :bigfrown: Holy moly, ok I am alot lighter than a few months back, but is the local swimming pool ready for a hippo ! Haven't swum since about mid 90's...

Just thought I would share my frustration after coming so far (for me anyway !!) :grin:
I love swimming. If I was so rich I could have anything I wanted it would be a swimming pool at home with a nice fit pool boy to look after it! At your BMI I think you will find you are by far not the largest in the pool - go for it!
hi Minigill!

awww sorry about your knee, hope you recover quickly! do try the swimming though, like Lil said, go for it!!!
all the best :-) x
Actually my BMI is 25.5, but I put my height wrong on the stats when I joined :oops: :oops:

Have requested it to be amended a couple of times but appreciate Moogie is extremely busy :smile:

I might venture up the local swimming pool and suss out the opposition... Baywatch babes or see how many people I bump into from work :grin: Actually the latter is very scary !!
4 posts Page 1 of 1