The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Baggy bum !
27 Nov 2013, 13:13
Whilst heating up my porridge at work just now (fast day!), I bumped into a woman I know in passing only. She asked me a couple of weeks ago if I had lost alot of weight, to which I replied yes :wink: :clover:

Turns out she has lost 2 stone doing SW which she started in January but came off the wagon a while back. She has put 10lbs back on and trying to get back into the SW program. She asked what club I had joined, so I replied, no club, did it by myself and OH (based 50 miles from me). She was surprised I could manage without a weekly weigh in and attend the meetings. Not for me... :wink: Not my cuppa tea.

I have all the support from this lovely forum and been weighing in for the xmas club ! We are not quite at web cam stage for weigh in's :smile: :lol:

Another colleague was gob smacked earlier when she saw me this morning whilst I visited the physio for my knee, as she hasn't seen me without my coat on walking in from the car park. She commented, pls do not loose anymore as I look great, and by the way, you have a baggy bum ! Tell it like it is :cool: She is facinated by 5/2 and I can see her trying it in the new year :like:

My trousers are doing a great job of sliding down today :oops: and yes, they do look very baggy and a not the most flattering. Got size 14 on the way from M&S (work stuff), on their next day delivery, which is 2nd December... go figure that one out !
Re: Baggy bum !
27 Nov 2013, 13:18
Hi Minigill

How good does it feel though, to have a baggy bum!! :grin:

It is fantastic that people are really noticing your weightloss and sounds like you'll be inspiring some additional 5:2 devotees!

Well done :victory:
27 Nov 2013, 13:24
Just loved reading this....gratz on the baggy bum! Great comment. You cheered me up today!
27 Nov 2013, 13:33
I love the baggy bum comment. Congratulations on your achievment so far.

My son doesn't think he has lost weight, the scales don't show much, but his clothes are hanging off him.
27 Nov 2013, 19:24
As long as it is only your trousers that have a baggy bum... and not you personally!! ;) Congratulations... what a boost when people start to notice and comment....
27 Nov 2013, 20:44
Fabulous, Minigill! You have done so well!
27 Nov 2013, 21:11
You have lost so much weight so quickly Minigill so now that you are wearing more fitted clothes people are really noticing aren't they?
27 Nov 2013, 21:17
Minigill I love your posts!!
Plus I have just viewed your progress tracker which is totally amazing!!

I have taken to the charity shop some baggy bum trousers and managed to find a replacement pair in the next size down. £3.50 and a charitable donation later I am in my new Marks and Sparks grey trousers and feeling chuffed!

Keep it up xxx
27 Nov 2013, 21:32
Nice feedback you are getting there gill, you just keep losing and get to where YOU want to be.

Can relate to baggy bum pants says she in linen shorts now 2 sizes too big ... So much to replace I just still wear some of my shorts and trousers with waists rolled over or use a belt. It is amazing though how big they all now look.

Just looked at your tracker, wow what a result and you're not far from your BMI goal. Power to you
27 Nov 2013, 23:19
Love it, well done baggy bum, whoops I mean Minigill!!!
28 Nov 2013, 07:20
julianna wrote: You have lost so much weight so quickly Minigill so now that you are wearing more fitted clothes people are really noticing aren't they?

Yes, its defo the clothes fitting they are noticing. I have been wearing loose clothes for a nearly two decades to hide the tum area especially :wink:

Getting called skinny now :smile:
28 Nov 2013, 07:21
spanner wrote: Minigill I love your posts!!
Plus I have just viewed your progress tracker which is totally amazing!!

I have taken to the charity shop some baggy bum trousers and managed to find a replacement pair in the next size down. £3.50 and a charitable donation later I am in my new Marks and Sparks grey trousers and feeling chuffed!

Keep it up xxx

Think we need a new club, baggy bums... but in the nicest possible way of course :grin:
28 Nov 2013, 07:35
You have done so fabulously well Minigill, how nice that people are commenting! :smile:
28 Nov 2013, 10:15
Well done Minigill (or should I say Very Minigill?)
Just think if we'd gone to a group meeting every week and paid £5 per session - Well I think we've all saved enough (£s) for a new LBD for the Christmas party!
14 posts Page 1 of 1