The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Brilliant blood test results :)
24 Jul 2013, 13:26
I am SO pleased! Just got the blood test results back from my GP.

6 months ago, at my NHS health check, my cholesterol levels were flagged as needing to be watched. "Be careful with your diet" said the nurse. The ONLY change since then has been 5:2.

Here are my results:

Total cholesterol in January 6.1
Total cholesterol now 4.8
(GP said it should be below 5.2)

HDL in January 1.1
HDL now 1.2
(Should be 1.2 or above)

Total cholesterol divided by HDL in January 5.5
Total cholesterol divided by HDL now 4.0
(GP said it should be less than 4.5)

I am over the moon :oops: I am looking forward to seeing the nurse for my next check as I now weigh 16lb less than the last time I saw her as well :)
Well done Doodle, you must be feeling better all round with the weight loss too.
:grin: :grin: :grin:
Very well done Doodle no wonder you are pleased.
Well Done for the weight loss and the better stats.
More data to the ever growing pile of evidence to the effectiveness of this WOE
:victory: :victory: :grin: :like: :like:
Great news Doodle - bet you are feeling very pleased with yourself :lol: :lol: :lol:
Congratulations. You must be really pleased and with good reason!
great news - i'd love to know if you modified your diet, such as eating less dairy, animal fat etc. apart from eating less overall, of course!
That's terrific ! Way to go ! I am hoping for a reduction in cholesterol too next check so it is great to hear that this is working :)
dhana wrote: great news - i'd love to know if you modified your diet, such as eating less dairy, animal fat etc. apart from eating less overall, of course!

Thank you all - I am thrilled!

Dhana, I can honestly say I have not modified my diet in any way other than only having up to 500 calories on my eating days. I have eaten a varied diet including full fat and dairy and red meat and sugar as well as lots of more healthy things! I have eaten all of that on fast days too, just obviously a lot less.

I'm still smiling! :grin:
Good for you doodle bet there is head scratching with dr and nurse
Keep smiling. Great results.
Great results! :smile:
16 posts Page 1 of 2