The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Dry mouth
10 Sep 2014, 10:34
Was just wondering if other people have had a totally dry mouth with 5:2. I had several days where it seemed like I was not producing any saliva, my mouth was so dry, especially inside bottom lip. My current theory is that maybe I got myself generally a bit dehydrated, as, not liking tea without milk, I have not drunk much on fast days. Am now drinking extra water.
Re: Dry mouth
10 Sep 2014, 10:47
Seems funny that it's only just come on now though?
However I think drinking more water seems to be a sensible thing to try. Like you I don't like black tea, and recently I calculated how much milk I was drinking just in tea. It was a horrifying amount on fast days, and now I'm drinking more water too! Have you tried water with cucumber in? Probably nicer in summer than winter, but very refreshing.
You need saliva for teeth and gum health, so if it doesn't improve, I'd get it checked out.
10 Sep 2014, 14:36
Thanks, and just having a drink of grated fresh ginger, which I happened to have in the fridge, with hot water...OK!
10 Sep 2014, 14:44
How about making some infused. Water. Fizzy or tap water with fruit and cucumber in. Store in fridge it's supposed to be good for the metabolism too. You may have a virus coming, I get very dry lips when I'm fighting a cold virus, usually the first sign I'm getting something like a cold or throat infection.
4 posts Page 1 of 1