The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

23 posts Page 2 of 2
Not really, no I don't think so. Quantity/portion size though has drastically altered - also not eating breakfasts anymore, apart from the occcasional Saturday morning with the family. Lunches are sometimes overlooked too - or much much later in the day, more like afternoon cuppa tea time. That's why, for me, this WOL is so fantastic. I CAN continue to eat all the foods that I love (and believe me there's a lot of them!) but I now just don't want to each such vast quantities as previously. Brilliant! Love it. :heart:
I think I need to add and addendum to my comment. We are housebound at the moment, the 2 lads are down with a nasty cold (that I gave them), I have bronchitis and can't even walk to the washing line without hacking coughing attacks and hubby had a botched knee drain operation that has him totally unable to walk. So that situation puts all three drivers out of commission.

What does this have to do with choices I hear you say, well. A lot, because we can't get to the shops and are running out of food, so have slid back to pre 5:2 eating, which includes lots of bread (plenty of flour in the house) and pasta to bulk out the protein. On top of the lurgy, I feel slow, fatigued, tired and my insides just feel sluggish. I will be so glad to get back to 5:2 and some fresh veg.
Aw Julie hope you are all better soon, having a rough trot there. Hurry up to the vegs and some citrus for those colds, all the best to hubs fro healing too

Interesting replies. I had forgotten those so called health bars wow gave them up too. Same about the fruit more berries but still have a banana a couple of times a week and have taken to more papaya and lime juice ...yum
I've basically cut out bread (apart from once a week); I eat far fewer refined carbs (the odd Kit Kat once a month or so and I used to eat chocolate daily), I eat LOADS of veg, I now get cravings for things like strawberries and cherries and not chocolate and I eat fairly low carb these days. When I have slipped and eaten how I used to I (like a few others on here) don't feel very well and have awful heartburn. Also my appetite is next to nothing and some days I struggle to eat to my TDEE. I feel for the first time in my life I eat like a 'normal person' - when I'm hungry and I stop when I'm full. It's great!
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time Julie - hope you all feel better soon.
Absolutely!!!
-now I eat 2 meals a day instead of 4 on my 5 normal days.
- I don't eat breakfast anymore except a late brunch on weekends with family.
- I only eat bread on weekends and its the best sourdough or Turkish I can lay my hands on.
- i cook 95 % of our food from scratch and freeze individual meals in those cheap thin rectangle takeaway containers from the $2 shop for when I don't feel like cooking (checkout http://www.skinnymomskitchen.com - I learn so much from there) ( part of me feels bad for being environmentally unfriendly using these containers but I like the thinnest ones as they take up so little room in the freezer and are the perfect size meal for everyone and I figure its healthy home cooked food with no take away packaging
- I eat real salted butter on toast now with no guilt, just dekight.- just on weekend at brunch,
- I eat chips again - salty potatoe crisps, toobs, cheese and bacon balls.- the whole family of 5 shares a big packet once or twice a week.- these were a banned guilt food before 52.
-I still don't desire cornettos,magnums ,ice cream , chocolate ( I'm a savory girl) but happy to provide then on Saturday family night for kids and hubs.
- I don't feel like I have to eat fruit now. I only used to eat it because I felt I had to but now I know its calorific and I feel I get the benefits of vitamins and fiber from my daily berocca, meatamucil and loads of colorful veges daily.
-i now have 2 alcohol free days a week.
- best of all is 'help yourself to dinner Friday nights'- kids have typical 2 minute noodles, baked beans,eggs,cheers on toast ( I don't care really) what do I have?
Cheese and bacon ball crisp, white Costello cheese with quince paste on sour dough toast and a few cheaky pino grigios and a few sparkling wines total bliss and still losing weight.
All and can say is 52 is no guilt sustainable weight loss. My enthusiasm hasn't wained in 7 months because its sustainable and it works! :-)
Xxx julianna
To those of you worried about me not eating fruit. Don't worry. I forgot that I do. Raspberries and blueberries in my champagne and my famous rasberyy,blueberry baked cheesecake.:-)
I am eating smaller portions, fewer between meal snacks, and less sugar and bread. I have changed to full fat things like yogurt and cheese, though not milk (tastes too heavy for me). I am using fats in cooking without guilt and occasional potato chips(crisps). I am also cooking more from scratch - and loving the results.

Yay 5:2!
23 posts Page 2 of 2