The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I dream of warm hands & feet :)
25 Nov 2013, 16:52
Big side effect for me after loosing weight, I am so cold now. Really struggling to keep warm :confused:

However, its my hands and feet that are the worst.

Anyone got any heat recommendations, or experience of hot hand & feet thingys ?

Tonight I am attaching my 4.5 & 9 tog duvets together. Not been this high tog for decades :frown:
This probably isn't very useful, but when I get that real cold-to-the-bones feeling the only thing that does it for me is either to do some exercise (or even the ironing! :confused: ) , or take a long, hot bath. A cup of tea sometimes helps me too, although not sure it reaches my feet! And I'm sure you've already tried that.

Hope you manage to warm up somehow. :clover:
I do find washing up with my marigolds on does help !

and hot bath is a defo, but the hands and feet are like ice so I have to wait a bit, but still they hurt when they hit the water. Trying to avoid chillblains but its difficult :neutral:

Once I have a bath I am usually good to go for the rest of the evening, with thermals on, top and bottom, 2 pairs of socks, tops and fleece !
My hot water bottle just popped :frown:

I definitely feel colder and have given myself chilblains this year by putting the car heater high on my cold toes!

Exercise absolutely helps me but so does double gloving when out and about! I wear my suede gloves which are tight next to my skin and then a larger pair of fleecey ones over the top and they are snug!

My ski-crazy friend says your hand will only be warm if your core is warm so try wearing lots of thin layers on your body, I favour long sleeved cotton tops and a padded gilet.

I am basically not showing any flesh until next years heat wave! No-one will be able to tell I have lost two stone because I will be padded up like Michelin man!! :grin:
4 posts Page 1 of 1