The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Im healing more quickly
10 Sep 2013, 10:40
I recently suffered 2 minor injuries, a deepish graze and a burn on the inside of my forearm from the edge of the iron(which confirms my firmly held belief that housework is bad for you!). I notice with surprise how quickly these in juries have healed. They were barely noticeable just 3 days after I did them, and completely healed in a week with only a shadow to mark where they had been, and you had to know where to look. As well, my hairdresser has commented on how healthy my hair is.
Hair and nails have been commented on in other threads, anyone else notice this same phenomena of healing quickly?
Re: Im healing more quickly
21 Sep 2013, 07:14
I'm with you on banning ironing!
21 Sep 2013, 08:09
Interesting. After surgery the physio and nurse commented on my scar healing 'beautifully' I thought it looked horrendous and they asked do I normall heal,so quickly? But I had been taking Manuka honey for about 3 weeks before surgery...so maybe that and the 5:2 helped..?
21 Sep 2013, 08:59
Agree, although haven't had any major or minor injuries ... My hairdresser too commented on my hair, and my nails are definitely stronger. Bruises seem to go quicker as well. Another thing I've noticed that is going of it's own accord is a fungal nail infection on one of my toes ... Have tried without success to get rid of this over the past two years ... :shock: :victory:
21 Sep 2013, 09:17
Not noticed healing quicker yet and my nails are still awful :shock:
But my hairdresser did say my hair looked healthier+ thicker
But only after I'd asked her about the condition because I've noticed I'm actually losing some in my hair brush she asked me if my diet had changed so I told her ''everything'' my first confession including 5:2
So I'm a little dubious about her nice comments because I've only been using her 18 month she said its dead follicles making way for new ones.
Funny thing is I was going to ask on this forum if anyone else had similar
effects so thanks for posting :clover: Sue :clover:
21 Sep 2013, 09:50
My son (on 5:2 with me and more weight to lose) had a massive cyst removed (the size of a honeydew melon) and was left with a raw open wound that was as big as my open hand. Because of complications he has had to have it packed and drained for months. But when he went for his check up the surgeon was actually bouncing around the room in delight at the speed of the healing.
6 posts Page 1 of 1