The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Got the book from the library and I've been at this for a couple of days now. Settled down to watch the programme on Vimeo and discovered that I'd seen it before! I think the reason i "forgot" is because the emphasis in the programme was about improving overall health but the outcomes - the book, this forum and lots other besides - seem to have been largely about weight loss. Whilst I think this is brilliant - as a serial low carb dieter I think anything that breaks the drudgery of dieting has something to recommend it, and will power is not what it's cracked up to be, as a soon to be 60 year old I too am interested in other measures of my health.

So has anyone tried out the tests shown on the programme? I have just measured my balance and managed 3.2 secs - I'm not surprised as I've had two hip replacements over the last six years. OH who is skin and bones and four years younger managed 10.8 seconds. We cycle a lot, so my balance is a lot better than it used to be....

I'm not sure of the protocol for the reflex test, but will go and try the online brain test Dr Moseley recommends.

Would love an opportunity to record this in the Tracker - anyone else?
I do have the book. Can you let us know as quick reminder on what page the tests are you have tried as I can't find them. Thanks in anticipation!
2 posts Page 1 of 1