The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Losing weight too quickly?
03 Feb 2014, 10:20
Has anyone else had problems losing weight too quickly on this diet? I've read extreme cases of people developing gallstones (not from this diet but just from losing too quickly).

I'm down about 3-4 lbs after my first week. Should I increase my fasting day calories or see if I lose less next week? I'm only looking to lose another 10 lbs.
Re: Losing weight too quickly?
03 Feb 2014, 10:48
Hi firstly well done on your first weeks loss. My thoughts, don't worry it will slow down, I think part of the first loss is water. If you're doing 5:2 in the basic form (ie 600 cals two days a week, then eating to tdee the rest of the week) your calorie deficit is not big enough for huge losses, that's the beauty of 5:2. 1lb a week is average after the initial big loss.

Good luck.
03 Feb 2014, 10:51
I echo Minsmums words entirely, it SHOULD slow down so a little early to worry. I'd only be concerned if you maintain this level of weight loss for 3 or4 weeks.

Ballerina x :heart:
03 Feb 2014, 14:14
There's no cause for alarm. I dropped an average of 4 pounds a week for the first 5 weeks with the rate of loss tapering off since then. Other guys have done even better. Welcome to the group.
03 Feb 2014, 16:52
:clover: Hi @endershadow Well done on your weightloss a great start for you, Just give it one more week because as you said its probably water loss but if you do lose same amount change to 6:1 which is what members use to maintain
or 16:8. :clover:
03 Feb 2014, 19:16
Ok, will do. I just can't believe how many workouts and salads would be involved with dropping 4 lbs. Thanks!
6 posts Page 1 of 1