The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Skin improvements or woes?
28 Aug 2014, 22:18
I'll like to start the bat off with I have bad skin, and since being overweight previously has caused me to gain stretch marks, I used Intermittent Fasting previously to lose weight and sure I didn't gain any after shifting the weight.

Now, I'm just steadily interested in if IF'ing improved your skin i.e. Collagen & Elascitity? Had your stretch marks improved (if you did have any)? Also did your skin become better while IF'ing?

Thanks.

I am not too sure if had posted this in the right section, correct me if I am wrong!
Re: Skin improvements or woes?
28 Aug 2014, 23:42
I have noticed a big deterioration I my skin in the last 8 months. I turned 40 though, so it might be my age, rather than this WOE. Basically, everything is gone baggy and saggy and crepy. I have had 3 kids, one of which was over 11lbs and have got to my goal weight 3 times before. Till now, I escaped stretch marks and the deflated belly afterwards. But, not this time! Looks like someone let the air out of me, so I think my elastin or collagen has gone to a far away land!
28 Aug 2014, 23:58
This way of eating does not appear to have affected my skin very much either negatively or positively.

I did not get stretch marks thru having children - I think cos my skin had already stretched so much thru being overweight as a teenager!! :(

My skin is a bit saggy and crepy where I have lost weight, especially around the tummy, but that is better than having the large pot that I had before!!! And it was saggy with fat inside before in other places anyway. I think my skin may be "shrinking" a little over time - hopefully!

I have always had bad skin (blemishes), and this has not improved at all - I am envious of others who report improvement in skin tone and other conditions.
29 Aug 2014, 06:52
Thanks for your replies!

My skin did somewhat shrink on my arms where I have my bad stretch marks. As my stretch marks had moved around (sounds weird), I'm just going to see if my skin can do something as I'm quite young (19). So let's see what it can do!
29 Aug 2014, 07:12
You should have more chance of your skin repairing itself at 19 (so young! - my younger son is 19) than at my age (56 on Tuesday).

Hope it works out for you :)
29 Aug 2014, 18:48
Sassy1 wrote: You should have more chance of your skin repairing itself at 19 (so young! - my younger son is 19) than at my age (56 on Tuesday).

Hope it works out for you :)

Thanks!

Just hope my skin can shrink back! My belly area lower belly, has saggy ness to it already? Also I've lose weight quick? Going by having 2,500 calories on average doing 16:8, it's noticeable already and that's 3/4 days? Maybe since doing IF before my body is fat adaptive already? Not too sure..
29 Aug 2014, 20:40
@Iamliam, lots of people swear by Bio Oil for reducing stretchmarks and scarring. At your age it should come back to normal. I did read somewhere that there is a layer of stubborn fat under the skin, which can keep the skin baggy as weigh is lost. This layer can take up to a year to shift begore the skin tightens again.

For the acne, you could see your GP, as there is medication that might help, or (s) he can refer you to a dermatologist. Alternatively, you could look into possible sensetivities to diet. I break out if I eat too much bread. It took me years to make this link!
Hth
29 Aug 2014, 21:19
scubachick wrote: @Iamliam, lots of people swear by Bio Oil for reducing stretchmarks and scarring. At your age it should come back to normal. I did read somewhere that there is a layer of stubborn fat under the skin, which can keep the skin baggy as weigh is lost. This layer can take up to a year to shift begore the skin tightens again.

For the acne, you could see your GP, as there is medication that might help, or (s) he can refer you to a dermatologist. Alternatively, you could look into possible sensetivities to diet. I break out if I eat too much bread. It took me years to make this link!
Hth

Thanks for the tip! I used bio oil, my skin didn't take to it, used for 3-6 months not one bit of improvement.. I guess I'm stuck! :(

Also I'm not sure where you got the idea I have/had acne, never in my life have I had it, to which I am grateful for! :)

Liam.
29 Aug 2014, 21:27
Hi @IamLiam - was just looking at your posts and stats - I believe you are 5ft 10 and 150lbs - does that not mean you are in a healthy BMI range/weight already? Just concerned that maybe you are overdoing it but I might be wrong/have misread something. It will show you on the Tracker page if you've put your stats in.

Best wishes
29 Aug 2014, 21:57
Madcatlady wrote: Hi @IamLiam - was just looking at your posts and stats - I believe you are 5ft 10 and 150lbs - does that not mean you are in a healthy BMI range/weight already? Just concerned that maybe you are overdoing it but I might be wrong/have misread something. It will show you on the Tracker page if you've put your stats in.

Best wishes

Indeed everything is correct! 5ft 10in and 150lbs, but have a Small Frame, my best is at 125-130 lbs. I have main stubborn fat in my legs which doesn't shift, even if I gain or lose weight, I never gain fat in the legs, when I do gain weight, which doesn't make sense. Any how, I want to lose that stubborn fat. :)
10 posts Page 1 of 1