The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Before 5:2 I was struggling with stress incontinence. I didn't drink much fluids except alcohol and thought I ate healthily but the pounds piled on. And with IBS there were other issues I won't go into.
Three weeks into this 5:2 first week and now doing 4:3 I have noticed an incredible improvement. My quality of life has increased a hundred fold and I am astonished. I started this to lose weight, didn't even consider the health benefits as I thought it was not possible to change the damage I have done to my body.
14 lbs loss later, I no longer mirror that stupid Tena lady advert 'oops', good grief, I never once said oops and giggled like it was funny. My IBS has almost gone and I am drinking at least 2 litres of water plus coffee and no sugar drinks.
I tried to eat as many calories as I could yesterday, it being a non fasting day. I struggle to even meet my BMR level usually but made myself eat more yesterday. Managed about 1700 calories but it was a real struggle. I bought a trifle as a 'treat' but was horrified to find it had 700 calories in it! I ate half, felt like there was a house brick residing in my stomach and gave the other half to my dogs this morning.
I did enjoy the guilt free eating including two glasses of wine although I had to work at it. I wonder if constantly not eating enough, then eating whole packets of snacks and drinking every night was the reason I didn't lose weight before although I had started to watch my portion control and lost a bit a few months ago.
It's fun working out what works for me and trying different things. I never thought fasting would be fun! :lol:
Your post is very encouraging to me as I have a similar problem to you. Hopefully it will improve too!

You seem to be getting on well with 5:2. Well done!
WOW! You are doing well, congratulations. It is wonderful to read such inspiring stories as yours as I know a lot of people on here are struggling with health issues of various descriptions which are hindering their progress. The weight loss is wonderful but the increased health goes so much further than that. Keep posting, I look forward to hearing how you get on,

Ballerina x :heart:
Well done just goes to prove there can be immediate health benefits as well as long term ones :like: :clover: :victory: :cool:
Fantastic, keep going! I have found changing to decaffinated drinks works wonders and taste the same. I make fresh coffee with decaff illy, soooooo delicious.
:0)
Well done its great to be in control of your life on this WOL. Rather than the other way around, nice feeling some of our health ''problems'' gone little bit here and there. Good Luck :clover: Sue
6 posts Page 1 of 1