The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Strong heart beat
07 Mar 2014, 21:10
I am fasting today and had nothing to eat all day until I had dinner a couple of hours ago. I feel like my heart is beating extra hard (not faster, just very strong heartbeat) after I ate. Anybody else experience this? Do you know why this is? Sudden surge in blood sugar maybe? :?: :geek:
Re: Strong heart beat
07 Mar 2014, 21:14
I can remember a few fast days that I got anxiety just waiting for dinner. Perhaps that is what you are feeling. Make sure you are drinking lots of water. Not eating or drinking leads to dehydration.
07 Mar 2014, 22:18
don't think it's anxiety and I have been drinking plenty all day :)
Did some googling just now and apparently fasting raises adrenaline levels. That could cause increased heart rate.
08 Mar 2014, 01:45
hi @icefast, yes, it could be a surge in blood sugar and insulin - what did you eat?
08 Mar 2014, 11:43
I ate a low fat hot dog, very white bread so the blood sugar had a kick
5 posts Page 1 of 1