The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

5 posts Page 1 of 1
splitting nails
18 Feb 2013, 14:39
I started 5:2 on 21st Jan 2013 and over the last couple of weeks four of my nails started to split horizontally low down below the white tip. Ouch! Could this be diet related, and does anyone know if this is a symptom of any sort of deficiency? Any ideas on how to prevent this would be appreciated.
Re: splitting nails
18 Feb 2013, 14:55
As far as I'm aware the most likely causes of splitting nails are dehydration of the nails (frequent washing and drying of hands or bodily dehydration) or maybe from iron deficiency. Wearing gloves while doing chores should help. How about treating yourself to some gel nails (cost around £20 - £25) which will make your nails look beautiful and should help protect your nails too.
19 Feb 2013, 02:33
My nails are prone to split in the winter. I use tons of hand cream and try to really protect them as much as possible.
19 Feb 2013, 20:33
Cuticle oil on and around your nails after every time you wash your hands.
They sound dehydrated to me
20 Feb 2013, 14:41
Thanks, everyone. I'm going to treat myself to some good handcream and cuticle oil, and maybe even a manicure when the stubby nails have grown a bit.
5 posts Page 1 of 1