The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

7 posts Page 1 of 1
sleep on fast days
19 Feb 2013, 08:14
Morning....yawn! Does anyone else have trouble sleeping on fast days?
Re: sleep on fast days
19 Feb 2013, 08:45
Yep ! It seems to takes me an age to go off to sleep in the first place and I feel as though I've been semi awake for much of the night. However, weirdest of all I feel much more alert and like I have had real quality sleep the next morning (probably due to lack of wine on fast days ....!). I had a fast day yesterday and despite still being awake past midnight last night, getting up to go to the loo once or twice (another fast day phenomena) and my alarm going off at 6.30am-I feel like a new born today !
19 Feb 2013, 08:49
Clive and I have been on the 5:2 since September. He seems fine, apart from going to bed feeling hungry. If I'm on a fast day I sometimes wake up and feel alert really early (5am this morning). I lay awake for a bit and then managed to get back to sleep. I'm sure there's some scientific reason for this? Probably because we're hungry and alert?
19 Feb 2013, 08:53
Hi Magsclive-yes probably; maybe we are programmed to stay alert when we are hungry, should the opportunity to hunt down a passing Gazelle present itself in the night ? :D
19 Feb 2013, 09:27
Ah, its not just me then! May try some warm milk before bed on fast days......v tired today! Only week 2, so sure my body will adjust!
19 Feb 2013, 09:41
Towards the end of my fast day yesterday I started to feel completely wired.

I was so awake and almost felt hyperactive at bed time so it took me ages to get to sleep. when I woke up this morning I still felt extra awake. I looked in the mirror and my eyes even look bigger!

Next fast day I'm going to try and fit more things into my day to wear me out I think.
19 Feb 2013, 17:02
Strangely I actually don't have a problem getting to sleep, but I wake up uncharacteristically early after a fast day, alert and ready for day...Unfortunately it tends to be 4am....
7 posts Page 1 of 1