The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Tired / Cramps
18 Apr 2013, 07:40
Morning

I am now in week 6 and lost 6lbs which I am very happy with :victory: but this week I'm feeling very tired and I've also noticed I'm getting leg cramps at night. Has anyone else experienced this????

Thanks

P
Re: Tired / Cramps
18 Apr 2013, 13:45
hello p2202
congrats on your weight loss- you're doing about the average- slow and steady. *whispers* are you due a period? or are you under the weather? I got very tired for weeks and weeks when I first started and can still sometimes feel a bit wiped- especially if I haven't drunk enough.
The leg cramps could also be dehydration- you may be drinking plenty . but if it's water it can be flushing out your electrolytes. That can give you cramps and make you really tired. Maybe try a rehydration drink/salts (remember to count the calories) or stock cube/bullion to get some salts back into you. Or a wee pich of salt and sugar into water can help too.
Hope this helps and you perk up
18 Apr 2013, 13:57
Well done on the weight loss.

I have not had leg cramps with the fast but have had them overnight on a hot summer day when I have been out for a long walk.

I think janeg is right, having lots of drink with extra salt stopped the leg cramps for me

Good luck
18 Apr 2013, 14:02
You can try eating a banana for potassium. It should help with the cramps.

Make sure you are eating lots of fruit and vegetables. When you are dieting, you are eating less food, which means you are getting less vitamins and nutrients. For this reason, you want to make sure you focus on nutrient dense foods -- big plates of greens and veggies.
18 Apr 2013, 14:25
Thanks guys for the replies and suggestions :-), will try these out and hopefully I'll feel less tired :yawn:

I was grumpy the other night so could be due janeg :-) also the cold is going round the office so may be I'm coming down with that, I had a banana this morning Rufus :-)

P.
18 Apr 2013, 15:00
Hi! I have had leg cramps in the past and it has been due to lack of magnesium. It's common when pregnant. Extra vitamin pilla with magnesium took care of it in no time. /Nickis
19 Apr 2013, 07:56
Hi

I suffered from led cramps when I was pregnant as well :-), if it continues I'll start taking a vitamin.

P.
7 posts Page 1 of 1