The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Bad Breath
01 Jun 2013, 22:36
:bugeyes:
So, I've just done a month of ADF and I found it fine food wise, but I had really bad breath! I have some friends who also fast and they say they have the same problem. I had a friend who was anorexic and her breath always smelt terrible. Someone told me it was stomach acid, but I'd rather they told me how to cure it! Obviously mints would be a start but since I'd be fasting I don't really want to start popping the sweeties.
Any thoughts anyone?????
Re: Bad Breath
01 Jun 2013, 22:41
Hi! Welcome.

I'm sure you will like it here!

Bad Breath comes from fat burning. People losing weight with low carb diets can have it constantly - Dr. Atkins writes about it in his book.

Unless you don't want to burn up your fat, sugar free breath mints, parsley, etc. are the way to go.

Good luck! :clover:
13 Jun 2013, 20:02
Or you could try Wilkinson's (Wilco's) fresh breath mouth sprays (orange top, approx £1 each, much cheaper than Gold Spot etc). Also helps cure cattarh and headaches caused by cattarh.
13 Jun 2013, 20:04
Corsodyl mouthwash is great, though I find on fasting days I can taste it all day long! :bugeyes:
28 Jun 2013, 10:33
Interesting! I'd always assumed it was from the extra coffee I was drinking! Will get some mints.
5 posts Page 1 of 1