The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I have successfully been doing 5:2 since April 1st, and after a two week plateau decided to do liquid only fasts for the last two weeks. (Mon and Thurs) Last week I lost 2lb, making a total loss of 10lb. I have been careful on my eating days (but not too careful!) As I am so close to my target weight I decided to combine 16:8 as well and have been skipping breakfast. Yesterday was my eating day, and I found that by 10am I was extraordinarily hungry. Even having coffee with milk didn't help. (It usually takes the edge off). Now this morning, which is my second fast day of the week I am feeling sick with hunger and my usual tricks don't seem to be working! I will have a busy day so hopefully will be distracted later but just wondered if anyone else noticed this close to their target weight?

I really don't want to stop fasting as up to now I have really enjoyed it and the results have been amazing. I really want to lose the last 4lb of baby flab too!! I am planning 6:1 as maintenance.

Thanks,
Hi Moonstar. If I increase or even just change my exercise routine that can make me extra hungry. Also sometimes I think we can just have a hungry day or two. Maybe hormones? I've been fasting a bit longer than you and with time it seems to be getting easier and easier so hang in there, you're very close to maintenance so don't give up yet.
2 posts Page 1 of 1