The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Yesterday was my first fast day and I could not sleep at all during the night. I actually stayed up all night and had breakfast at 3am the next day and got an early start to my day before at last nodding off at around 4:40am.

Did anyone else experience this side effect?

On the upside I had so much energy and I got so much done yesterday! I was surprised as I was anticipated that I would be all wobbly and weak.
I've only had one night where I couldn't sleep and I think that's because I'd overdone it on the coffee that day in attempt to dull the hunger pangs.

Normally I sleep very well, because I can feel a bit washed out by the end of a fast day. I try to eat my 500 calorie meal at 7pm (or later if I can manage it). I get a bit sleepy an hour or two after eating and if I time it right and get an early night, that helps with the sleep pattern.

Did you drink a lot of drinks with caffeine in them on your fast day?
There is at least one longish thread on the subject-but I am not sure where to find it. If you put insomnia in the search box that should turn it up.
Hiya. I slept really badly after my first 3 or 4 fasts. However it has got a lot better and I'm pleased to say the fasts have got easier. One thing I do is save 100 cals for a bowl of porridge before I go to bed. It means a smaller evening meal but at least I sleep! Last night I swapped the porridge for a banana and slept well. I hope I will eventually be able to cut out the snack completely. Good luck with it - it should get easier.
I did too in the beginning but it's fine now! I have changed what I do though, I eat nearly all of my calories in the evening and quite late - I don't know if that's why it's better or if it was just a question of getting used to fasting.
Thanks guys and great suggestions! I'll try to save more of my calories before I go to bed in order to get a better night's rest.
6 posts Page 1 of 1