The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Taking a poll. I was having really severe heartburn prior to starting 5:2. I was on the verge of taking an acid inhibitor, which I really did not want to do. They are finding it has unintended effects. A few weeks into 5:2 I realized I had not had any reflux. I was just wondering if anybody else noticed that because I have a few friends that suffer from reflux and I am trying to convince them to try 5:2.
Yes mine is much better although I am still taking Omeprazole until I have lost a little more weight.
Mine is gone, like a sixpence that has been spent, oh sorry, northern roots showing there, will get them done soon.

One of the best things is that I no longer find it impossible to lie down without what seems like battery acid coming back to give me the most terrible pain. NEVER suffer now, it is wonderful.

Bellerina x :heart:
Hi there michmod I'd started to get heartburn quite a lot getting progressively worse since Christmas and now you come to mention it I had'nt noticed it has completely gone away, we we're away in Spain late last year and I had to go in the pharmacy for rennies think it cost me 11eauros expensive mistake not taking enough, but yes another health benefit due to 5:2 or in my case 4:3 :clover: Sue
So I think that is enough evidence to tout it as a benefit of 5:2.....Thanks all!
This topic is pleasing to me as I have struggled with acid reflux for the last eighteen years... hopefully there is now an end in sight :grin:
Hi Shortstuff,

I should just add that even before I lost weight, if I ate bread in the evening I could not sleep for the pain so I cut out the evening bread and that seemed to help a lot. The weight loss certainly saw off the pain permanently though.

Ballerina x :heart:
Haven't touched the bottle since January (Gaviscon, of course).
I too used to eat bread before bed, thinking it would soak up the acid, but still had to get up for a swig of the pink stuff in order to settle for the night. Repeat prescription no problem though, I could have a bottle every month, with no questions asked.
a) 1st mistake-- bread should have been off limits for an over-weight, type 2 on maximum meds!
b) 2nd mistake-- not realising the many problems associated with being overweight.
Have I been going around with my eyes shut, and my ears plugged up? Oh no, I forget myself..... I was following medical guidelines for my condition....silly me!!
But could I have a 'script to get the glucose measuring strips to see what the bread was doing to my glucose levels?........hecky thump, not likely! I might have started asking questions, and that would never do.
Oh forgot to add that my dentist said acid reflux was affecting my tooth enamel so that has also been helped. Apparently damage occurred when I was asleep so unaware of it until it was mentioned by my dentist! :shock:
Isis, exactly!
And all the citrus fruits we have been encouraged to consume.
My dentist gets infuriated when he attends conferences etc for dentists and oral surgeons. He says they always put out nibbles of acidy fruits, rubbishy quality sandwiches, and unhealthy sweetened smoothies. He would like to be offered healthy meat or fish snacks, but if he mentions it, he is frowned on and feels he is being elitist, or ungrateful, or at worst stupid, or not wanting to eat stuff he just knows damages his enamel.
Acid reflux was something I never had but it started to show up last year and was getting progressively worse.

Since being on the diet over 3 months I have not had an attack. Infact I completely forgot about it :smile:
My heartburn has also totally disappeared. :like:
Me too, except when I eat bread or drink too much cider!
My heartburn had disappeared until a couple days ago when I picked up some Popeye's fried chicken. Now I've noticed a bit of heartburn after eating a piece each day, thankfully it's all gone and soon the heartburn will be too. :)
15 posts Page 1 of 1