The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

8 posts Page 1 of 1
HEADACHE DAY AFTER FASTING
20 Jun 2013, 12:16
Hi

I am still relatively new to all this and am just wondering if any of you have the same problem.

Last week I had a bad headache during my fasting day, so I read up on some advice and this week I took a 2 litre bottle of sparking water with to work.This worked really well and I didn't have a headache Monday or Wednesday. :smile:

:frown: However I now have headaches following these days. I had one all day Tuesday that I couldn't shift but just thought it was a co incident, however I have one again today and again can't shift it.

It's a normal day for me so I have had water before breakfast and since then a cuppa, can of coke, small bottle of orange juice. I am not dehydrated and have had lunch as well. I really can't understand why I have these headaches. :?:

Any ideas?
Re: HEADACHE DAY AFTER FASTING
20 Jun 2013, 12:22
Are you getting enough salt? Or perhaps you are intolerant of something that you are not eating on a fast day but are eating the day afterwards.
20 Jun 2013, 12:25
I never really took a lot of salt and the only real difference in drinks in fast and food days is that I don't take juice on fast days. Since starting this I have become a lot more aware of what I eat and made sure that I did have some fruit this morning. Headache couldn't come from fruit? Had a banana mid morning, but actually woke up with the headache just as I did Tuesday morning.
20 Jun 2013, 12:34
Earlier threads mention caffeine withdrawal or carb withdrawal. You may want to have a browse, and see if you recognise any patterns in your own responses.
20 Jun 2013, 12:38
Headaches are often a sign of dehydration. You'll likely find that you'll drink and appreciate more water and hot tea than before.

I found that a hot chicken bouillon cube drink during the day works wonders.

In my experience eating something sweet within a few hours of bed time would virtually guarantee a headache the next morning.
20 Jun 2013, 13:01
i suffered from headaches the day after a fast in the first couple of weeks abut after that they disappeared. not sure if this was my body adjusting or if it coincided with me "discovering" the bouillon drinks that are mentioned

good luck and i hope they ease off soon

jeniben
20 Jun 2013, 13:32
Sorry for being thick. What do you mean 'hot chicken bouillon cube drink'? This like a stock cube?

Going to try the salt thing when I get home. Thankfully today is my short day at work, so not much longer to go.
20 Jun 2013, 13:57
Yes a stock cube is a bouillon cube
8 posts Page 1 of 1