The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

3 posts Page 1 of 1
strange sensation
05 Jul 2013, 13:59
I've noticed that when I first eat following a fast I get a strange burning sensation in my back around where my waist is which lasts for about 20 minutes. It's not painful, it just feels weird. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas about why? I typically go for 20 hours without eating on a fast day.
Re: strange sensation
05 Jul 2013, 20:04
Hi Janet
I haven't experienced any similar sensations, but can you say what you eat to break your fast? Also do you have any health issues like gallbladder problems. These might affect how your digestion reacts.

Hopefully others on here will be able to help a bit more.
Re: strange sensation
07 Jul 2013, 11:48
Thanks silverbelle,

I don't have any health issues apart from osteoarthritis, which is currently much improved at the moment to the extent that I am not taking any painkillers. I usually break my fast with a meal such as prawn stir fry with lots of veg or maybe just grilled fish & veg or an M&S fuller longer meal with extra veg.
3 posts Page 1 of 1