The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Twelve weeks into 5:2 and I have to stop and examine my accomplishments thus far. Twenty two pounds gone, ability to walk up or down the hills, the control I have not to overeat, self confidence, and all day energy.

I have been over consumed with the idea of fasting/feasting. I have failed on my fast days and sometimes think I haven't eaten enough on the feast. I am still obese.

For the next twelve weeks I am not going to focus on weight loss. I will instead focus on accepting fast and feast as normal and not overthink it.

5:2 is the best thing I have ever done for myself!
Congrats on getting your health back. That is the most important part!
Nice one clairemarie- accentuate the positive! Feel a song coming on..
That is wonderful to lose 22 pounds and feel much better. Good luck with your journey.
Great progress Clairemarie! :like: You're not far off from dropping down into the merely overweight category, and you've already done your body a huge favour by losing all that weight. I think it's important to celebrate the successes and concentrate on the positives; wishing you continued success! :clover:
That is just excellent, you must be SO pleased with yourself :) :)
You've accomplished a lot already! So go you! One of the many things I like about this WoE is it's okay to not do it perfectly, especially at the beginning. Do your best today and aim for a better tomorrow. And like you say...don't over think it! :clover:
I'm the same-ish BMI as you and I could have written your post. I look down now and am surprised to see the belly is still there.

I'm a lot stronger, fitter and can also hill walk now so I also forget I still, probably, have a way to go!

You've lost more quickly than I have done but I'm quite happy with the feast aspect, even though it's now a lot cleaner than before. You should be very proud!!
Thanks all for your responses. Yes, I am proud of my progress. As for the belly before me well I started at 47inches now 42 inches so it is diminishing with lovely hips, thighs, legs and not so bad arms and oh the face bloat has gone. I reflected over this journey today partly because it is my birthday and I do not feel as old as I did last year. I am technically 57. Last year, 67. Today I truly feel 40(wishful thinking). I would like this weight loss process to be over but there is still much more that has to go. Now that I know I will lose it all I just want this woe to feel normal and not a forced.
Gets much easier with more time, at least it is for me. Finding it easier now than ever and had a week off, felt ill and pleased to be back on it. Know you've been at it a while so not teaching you to suck eggs but hang in there and it'll all go!
I feel the same, am finally able to enjoy a summer without becoming a sweaty heap! Strange to think now I never attributed my sweating to my obesity, but having lost a fair bit of weight I can enjoy the summer without paranoia or being completely sendentry, I can't wait to become overweight as I already feel so much better in myself! Good luck with the next stage of your journey! :0)
11 posts Page 1 of 1