The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Trouble sleeping???
16 May 2016, 21:35
I have lots of trouble with sleep but have been using the 4-7-8 breathing technique for the last few weeks. I doesn't feel like it's going to work at first but I have been falling asleep within 5 minutes, unheard of for me. Just thought I'd share this with you all.
http://gorgeousphotowall.net/091bb05def ... 01EDGCGEEF
Re: Trouble sleeping???
17 May 2016, 15:53
Hi @justdee, thanks for that, I will try it. I work nights and often have difficulty sleeping in the day, I don't find sleeping pills or alcohol very helpful so I often just resign myself to relaxing physically only. ...I will report back!
17 May 2016, 16:06
I don't use sleeping pills or alcohol either. My sleep is so bad I would be forever using them. This has working for me for the past few weeks, funny enough after posting this, last night was the first time it didn't work, I was awake most of the night. My brain just wouldn't be quiet. If it helps most of the time that will do for me. I will be trying it again tonight. I hope it works for you@JLmid. I also find taking Magnesium Citrate a few hours before bed helps. :)
17 May 2016, 18:46
Thanks Dee! X anything that can help me sleep longer and deeper is worth a try xx
17 May 2016, 21:22
Thanks for this @justdee. I'm desperate for a good night's sleep - even more so on fast days - so its definitely worth a try.
18 May 2016, 06:29
Did it work for any of you last night? It worked for me again, although, I did take Magnesium too last night.
18 May 2016, 06:52
I find that this https://www.bioceuticals.com.au/product/preview/Ultra-Muscleze really helps me sleep. It is also good for night cramps.
18 May 2016, 11:38
I've tried this before and have been trying it again since you started this thread. Because I naturally breathe through my nose I find concentrating on breathing out through my mouth keeps me awake! I also take magnesium citrate about an hour before bed. Not sure what has any effect - sometimes I sleep well and sometimes not. If I've been awake for an hour I often get up and do a puzzle and have a camomile tea and that can break the chain of thoughts circulating in my brain. I do codewords as they are relatively simple so I know I can finish them with nothing left to nag at me like unsolvable crossword clues.
19 May 2016, 14:32
I tried a variation of this - breathe in for count of 5, hold for count of 5, breathe out for count of 5. Asleep after 5 breaths. Honestly, it worked! Slept very deeply, woke at 8.15am.
Some sort of Earth Magic?
:like: :heart: :sleepy: :smile:
19 May 2016, 21:52
I too chase the elusive Sleep Fairy; sometimes something seemingly works--for awhile... and then it doesn't. I've been using a combo of a NOW Sleep formula and an herbal tincture (muscle relaxant) that has been working pretty well. I've also been taking (for over a month) a custom Bach Flower blend...which just happens to include White Chestnut, a remedy for "unwanted thoughts and mental arguments that intrude into the mind and stop us concentrating. " Seems to be helping, since I often will feel exhausted, yet my stupid brain won't shut up! Add that to hot flashes, eeekkk! :confused:
23 May 2016, 07:52
Hi All, esp @justdee, working for me, thanks! Often in chunks of 1 or 2 hours of sleep at a time but so much better than a really sleepless day (when I am on nights)
23 May 2016, 16:28
So glad it's helping you @JLmid. It's still working for me most nights, sometimes it doesn't but I can live with that. Most of the time will do for me. :)
@Lil I don't like breathing out through my mouth so just do in and out of nose, still works like that for me. I've also tried @Azureblue 's earth magic ( :lol: I like that hehe) , to the count of 5. It works great too and I actually prefer the rhythm, so thanks for sharing :)
23 May 2016, 18:11
Thanks for this. I don't have any issue to fall asleep, just with very VERY short nights (I wake up after 4 hours sleep, my night is then done) so it may not be the solution however if that helps me to relax a bit, that would be great.
23 May 2016, 19:23
Hey @Manderley, I'm going (with a friend and my sister; she and I hadn't missed a Bowie concert in our area since 1975) to a Bowie dance party this Friday night; too bad it's too far for you to come!
23 May 2016, 20:04
Oooh @ferretgal that's such a shame we are in 2 different continents, every excuse to celebrate our beautiful Bowie is a good excuse :heart: I am more a sing along gal than a dancer myself :wink: I'll be thinking of you Friday
16 posts Page 1 of 2