The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

187 posts Page 1 of 13
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 Next
BEAN'S FILM AND TV!
26 Mar 2014, 10:10
Hi there! Just wanted to open a tent for peeps like me who love their film and tv! I must admit I'm not as up to date with films as I used to be because I haven't bean able to go to the cinema...but I listen to my favourite movie critic, Mark Kermode, and usually keep up to date that way. As for tv...I watch loads...too much...but it'd be great to share :grin: :film: :film:

I just wondered if anyone is currently watching "The Widower". Its on ITV on Monday nights I think. Its the last part next week but I think you can still see it on ITVPlayer. Its based (loosely I'm guessing) on a man who murdered his first wife to get her money,failed to kill his second wife (not without trying) and is currently working on a third woman. The acting is good and its got a unusually bearded John Hannah (who seems to improve, looks-wise as he matures!) playing the detective.

Bean recommends!

Also, just a reminder that Masterchef is on tv tonight ::bowl
Re: BEAN'S FILM AND TV!
26 Mar 2014, 10:32
I love TV too. Anyone else been watching Nashville.
26 Mar 2014, 10:35
No I haven't seen that. When is it on? Whats it about?

Bean :film:
26 Mar 2014, 10:42
I'm watching 'The Widower' and yes, it is based on a true story. I don't think Reeve Shearsmith was a very good choice for the lead role, he is an amazing actor but the original was quite a good looking man and was very charming, bit of a lady killer, so to speak! Otherwise, an excellent programme.

Ballerina x :heart:
26 Mar 2014, 10:43
My current guilty pleasure http://www.sky.com/tv/show/true-detective?DCMP=KNC-. Not seen The Widower. Will check it out.
26 Mar 2014, 11:39
Oh that's interesting Beanarilla. I was surprised, I must say, that women were taken in by him because he just comes across as creepy and cringey doesn't he. I just assumed that's how he was. Oh yes, poor casting then

Not heard of True Detective Karen. I guess that exclusively on Sky at the moment is it? That Matthew Mcconnaughey is doing well lately isn't he.

Did anyone watch Mr Selfridge? Mmm he's so sweet! I don't normally like that sort of programme (Ripper Street is more my style) but I think it's very well acted and Jeremy Piven is, well, huh hum...easy on the eye! :wink:

26 Mar 2014, 11:43
I watched Mr.Selfridge.....just loved it. Henri (Gregory Fitoussi) is more my type of man.....swoons!
26 Mar 2014, 11:46
Ooh yes @Auriga I know what you mean. Looking forward to the third season already (haven't seen the first yet. Will try and track it down somehow)

Bean :smile:
26 Mar 2014, 11:50
My latest addiction is Sewing Bee. I am also enjoying Inside number 9 - a bit wierd. And of course I'm always up for a drop of Monty Don. Masterchef doesn't usually grab me till the later rounds
26 Mar 2014, 11:54
Talking of Monty Don, I hear he's doing the Chelsea Show coverage this year instead of Alan Titchmarsh. Not sure how that will go down :confused:

26 Mar 2014, 11:55
Oh I loved Mr Selfridge too! And I know what you mean @nursebean :heart: - there's something about him. I think he has a cheeky glint in his eyes :wink:
26 Mar 2014, 11:58
He definitely has a glint! I really like him at the end of the credits when he looks at his little watch and then looks rather pleased with himself!

26 Mar 2014, 12:03
Me too! I was a bit teary on Sunday and then hubby had to nudge me and say "it's just a program" :cry:
26 Mar 2014, 12:13
Yes i ' m watching The Widower!
I love Reece Shearsmith,and think he plays the part well,even if unlike the real Webster...think he comes across as a psychopath or sociopath who really has no idea how other people feel,totally wrapped up in himself.
he and the others are great in TheLeague of Gentlemen! X
26 Mar 2014, 12:33
We're not big tv watchers but both hubby and myself have loved Mr Selfridge. :neutral: the whole family enjoy the GBSB.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 Next
187 posts Page 1 of 13