The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

173 posts Page 11 of 12
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Where do you come from? The UK

Where do you live now? Warwickshire, UK

How old are you? 61 and a lot

What do you "do"? Very happily retired

What are your hobbies/interests? Walking the dog, reading, researching the family tree, holidays

What do you wish you had more time for? Walking the dog, reading, researching the family tree, holidays

Do you have a partner and/or kids? One husband (married for 42 years) and one 25 year old daughter

Do you have any pets? A much loved Dogs Trust rescue dog

What's your favourite colour? Red

What's your favourite film? A Knight's Tale

What's your favourite song or band? Favourite song is Pandora's Box by Procul Harem

What's your desktop wallpaper? I cycle through the built in Apple wallpapers
Where do you come from? born in Iowa, grew up on border with Mexico

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty)Boulder City (near Las Vegas), Nevada

How old are you? (an age range will do!) 65.9 years

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?)Retired Spanish & French teacher

What are your hobbies/interests? Reading, zumba, golf & bowling, traveling around Western USA in motorhome and with daughter anywhere and speaking in Spanish or French.

What do you wish you had more time for? Time (for daughter) and more money to travel.

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Husband of 33 years and a daughter in law school plus step-children and grandchildren.

Do you have any pets? Baxter, 13 yr.old shitzu (sp?)

What's your favourite colour? Not just one--love purples, turquoise, brilliant pink, greens, brown together.

What's your favourite film? West Side Story

What's your favourite song or band? Shakira (in Spanish) and Juanes, love latin music!

What's your desktop wallpaper? My husband, daughter and I in front of a sealife mural in Florence, Oregon.
Where do you come from?
the Netherlands

Where do you live now?
Utrecht province, the Netherlands

How old are you?

What do you "do"?
I work at the IT department of a hospital as a software administrator

What are your hobbies/interests?
my kids, running, making fondant cakes, reading books

What do you wish you had more time for?
reading books, running

Do you have a partner and/or kids?
my husband of 7years, three sons (6, 4 and 3 years) one daughter (7 months)

Do you have any pets?
no

What's your favourite colour?
black

What's your favourite film?
Lord of the Rings

What's your favourite song or band?
Pink ft Nate Ruess: Just Give Me a Reason

What's your desktop wallpaper?
Regular Windows 8 wallpaper
Where do you come from?
Nottinghamshire
Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty)
Nottinghamshire
How old are you? (an age range will do!)
28ish to 53ish....depending
What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?)
The government calls me a CCTV technician, my boss calls me, well lets just say he ain't nice.
Life, to both questions.
Yet again...life.
Yes
Do you have any pets?
One small jack russel
Green
Favourite?.........they are like your children, each one is special in their own way.
See previous answer.
Holiday snaps of France.
Where do you come from?
Canterbury, New Zealand.

Where do you live now?
Farm in rural Canterbury, New Zealand.

How old are you?

What do you "do"?
Landscape Architect

Gardening, animals, running, cooking, arts & crafts

Everything - life's going by way too quickly!

Husband & 2 kids

Do you have any pets?
2 dogs (Labradors), 2 cats, 2 donkeys & a number of chickens.

red

Favourite movie
Ghost (showing my age aren't I!!!)

Favourite music
Anything that I can sing very loudly to in the car - much to my daughters horror!

Desk top screen saver
Photo of my family.
Where do you come from? West Sussex

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty)West sussex

How old are you? (an age range will do!) 41

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?) Technical Support Engineer (Railway)

What are your hobbies/interests? Motorbiking/ Playing Guitar

What do you wish you had more time for? Everything apart from work

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Divorced, have partner (also 5:2 ing). Have 2 kids and 3 step kids

Do you have any pets? One basset hound

What's your favourite colour? Black

What's your favourite film? Nightmare on elmstreet

What's your favourite song or band? Judas Priest

What's your desktop wallpaper? Plain Black
Where do you come from?

North east Scotland.

Where do you live now?

North east Scotland (after 2 years in NZ and 5 years in Australia)

How old are you?

Mid 30's

What do you "do"?

A nurse and a mum.

craft, reading, walking

craft and walking

A husband and two very young children.

Do you have any pets?

A dog

Probably bright pink.

Frozen

Mmmm none really my music taste is too varied to have a favourite

Just whatever it came with :( (Lack of time)
I come from Burton near Christchurch UK but lived mostly in West Sussex.
I live now in Normandy, France
I am 57
Retired nurse currently learning to be self sufficient.
Hobbies....cooking, sewing, knitting, growing veg, keeping chickens and ducks
Wish I had more time for all of it
Married several decades with three children and three grandchildren
Pets....3 cats, 2 dogs, 11 chickens and 3 ducks
Favourite colour...blue
Favourite film.....Gone with the Wind
Favourite song...Your song, Elton John
Desktop wallpaper is a photo of one of my grandsons. One of these days I will work out how to put all three on there!
Where do you come from? Canterbury, Kent, UK

Where do you live now? Greenwich, London, UK

How old are you? 24, turning 25 this Friday though!

What do you "do"? I'm currently Web Trading Analyst at Cath Kidston head office, where I've been for almost 3 years, however I'm currently working my notice and starting a job at British Airways next month, doing something similar.

What are your hobbies/interests? I used to a be a dancer and even worked as one at Disneyland Paris for a while, but it's just too expensive in London to join any good dance studios, so my main hobby now is planning holidays! We love America at the moment. I'm obsessed with Walt Disney World/Orlando so I'm currently planning to go back there next spring with DBF after an amazing visit last year, then after that hopefully it'll be a first time visit to the west coast (I'm sure I'll find time for Disneyland while we're there).

What do you wish you had more time for? Dancing, because I miss it, and baking.

Do you have a partner and/or kids? I live with my wonderful boyfriend, Ed, we've been together for just over 4 years and moved in together last October. No kids yet!

Do you have any pets? We have a kitten, Winnie (known as Winnipegs, Peglet, Pegglebury, Pegglesworth, Winston - anything but Winnie). For the first 3 months of owning her we thought she was a boy, so she started life as Admiral Winston von Fluffymittens. She's a Duchess these days!

What's your favourite colour? Rather predictably, pink, although I love mint green.

What's your favourite film? Toughie. I love Forrest Gump, Mean Girls, Bridesmaids, The Notebook, I Love You Man (don't know why but just find it hilarious), and most Disney/Pixar films!

What's your favourite song or band? When I was a teenager I had a carefully curated list of 'cool' bands I liked, but these days I don't care and tend to enjoy most things I hear. My degree is in music so I like to think I'm just appreciative of all music because of this, but I think it's just because I'm not particularly discerning! I love house, hip hop, indie, jazz, blues, pop, R'n'B, classical (particularly the romantic period and early 20th century), 70s club classics, 50s and 60s stuff. See?

What's your desktop wallpaper? Castaway Cay, Disney's private island in the Bahamas. We visited on our Disney Cruise last year and I can't wait to get back (can you tell I like Disney?)
Hello! Must have been asleep when this topic cropped up originally! Thought I'd have a bash at filling it in......

Where do you come from?
I spent my formative years in Hampshire

Where do you live now?
Pretty high up on the beautiful Blackdown Hills in Somerset

How old are you?
Age is just a number.....and that number is 51....for the next couple of months anyway!

What do you do?
Well, I don't really do very much...and certainly should do more. I volunteer in our local community shop (best fun ever!) and I have just stepped down after around 15 years as treasurer of my local WI. There is a part of me that would love to take up writing...but I am shocking at self-discipline! In a previous life (before children, that is!) I was a Personnel Officer

Spending quality time with friends, shopping, eating crunchy hazelnut torrone, attempting to hunt down crunchy hazelnut torrone on't'internet (near-impossible!), walking, theatre, baking, charity fundraising

Playing with my children, fun, friends, baking, tracking down crunchy Italian hazelnut torrone, eating same

One ex-husband, one current husband...and 3 children, 22, 21 & 10 years old. 21 year old is autistic.

Do you have any pets?
Well, I am not prone to rushing things....so have been considering getting a tiny tortoise for around the past year! We have built the house, bought the heat lamp and all the other things necessary - which nowadays is a whole load of things compared to the "olden days" when I was a gal! Only thing we haven't got yet is a cuttlefish for him/her to chew on.....and that is what is holding up proceedings. That & my terrible procrastination habit.......!
If I was ever to get a four-legged friend, it would almost certainly be a chihuahua! I had a devoted little boy called Micro for 16 years (he died in 1997) and he would be such a hard act to follow.....so I haven't considered it. Would quite like a couple of alpacas though, in the meantime.....

I have loved bright canary yellow all my life. Don't wear much of it though. Clothes-wise, I favour pinks and purples

Bit of a sucker for Christmas movies, particularly It's a Wonderful Life! Love feel good films like Pretty Woman, Bridget Jones etc. Also, anything with Kevin Spacey in it.....

Well now, I loved the 70's! Absolutely worshipped The Sweet. I tend to like songs with deep meanings, like Labi Siffre's Something Inside So Strong.
For a song with a great message on how to live life, I heartily recommend listening to the brilliant James Taylor sing "Shower the People" - soooo lovely!

As if I get any choice in the matter.....with a ten year old in the house!! That and the fact that I would hardly know how to set up any meaningful wallpaper......as am a total technophobe!! Computers absolutely hate me.....!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Reading this and realising how many people are missing at the moment.
Where do you come from? England

Where do you live now? Sydney

How old are you? 25

What do you "do"? Receptionist and a student (studying Business Management)

What are your hobbies/interests? Singing, gym, food/drink (obviously!), travelling, camping

What do you wish you had more time for? Singing and partying :p

Do you have a partner and/or kids? I have a lovely Kiwi boyfriend

Do you have any pets? Nope

What's your favourite colour? Pink!

What's your favourite film? The Notebook

What's your favourite song or band? Elton John - Your Song

What's your desktop wallpaper? Me and my dear late Granny

Lil :heart:
Where do you come from? My parents - haha!!! Essex, born in Westcliff moved around a little.

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty) Still in Essex just in Eastwood now.

How old are you? (an age range will do!) Actual age 48 - mental age 28!

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?) Currently working for an ebay company, boss buys up bankrupt stock and I value it and list it (or shift stuff around a lot in the storage unit!) Passed all tests and interview for becoming cabin crew with easyjet but not got training yet - probably early next year if I am lucky. Still thinking about whether I should do it or not!

What are your hobbies/interests? My kids and my granddaughter mainly. Bootcamp classes, reading, holidays, eating out and drinking wine

What do you wish you had more time for? ME ME ME ME ME oh yes and ME!

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Partner, two kids (27 and 14) and a beautifuly granddaughter with another on the way.

Do you have any pets? Peanut the Battlecat! Psychotic but adorable black runt of the little cat.

What's your favourite film? Princess Bride

What's your favourite song or band? Don't really have a favourite - anything from Linkin Park to Michael Buble, very eclectic taste. Mostly something I can sing along to - badly!

What's your desktop wallpaper? My girls
Where do you come from? South Shields (best known for being the end of the Great North Run!)

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty) as above, moved around in my 20's but moved back late 20's

How old are you? (an age range will do!) 43 3/4

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?) mental health social worker (part time)

What are your hobbies/interests? Reading, swimming, TV, meeting friends, church activities,

What do you wish you had more time for? Sleep & me time

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Husband for almost 9 yrs, 6yr old daughter, 3 guinea pigs & 2 gerbils

Do you have any pets? As above!

What's your favourite film? Tough one! It's a wonderful life is in the top 10!

What's your favourite song or band? Currently love George Ezra, eclectic taste, love 80's

What's your desktop wallpaper? One of my piggies
I was born in Michigan, usa. After a stint in the Navy I seem to be in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA.
I just turned 53. Trying to accept that I am getting older with physical decline a probability.
I've been a United Methodist Pastor for several years, just stop volunteering with severely mentally ill military veterans. Now I 'free lance' pastor.
I am learning to read patterns to expand my crochet abilities.
I want more time to crochet.
No partner, no kids.
Edwin the cat, who at the time of writing is tearing up a dog toy raccoon.
Favorite colors: blues, purples.
Can't think of a favorite film but right now I am watching reruns of Monty Python Works
I totally love Elton John, totally.
Desk top is a Spirograph drawn by a favorite 8 year old friend.
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
173 posts Page 11 of 12